Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

National Games Stink!

TLusby

HD is nice, but people are making such a huge deal of it. I would rather watch the game on a big screen rather than a sharp 40 inch HD -TV.

My friends agree with me too. Also the bigger the TV gets the less sharp the HDTV gets.

I have watched games on both, i prefer my 70 inch non HD TV.

I prefer seeing more of the field on a smaller HDTV. The HD feed shows more of the defensive backfield than the SD feed so most of the time you can see what the whole defense is doing instead of just what the front 7 is doing.

I would take my ancient (4 year old) 55inch big screen in HD over ANY TV without HD. High Def Football is the only way to go. I usually switch back and forth between the games from the HD channel to the regular channel and it is absolutely amazing. As far as TV shows and stuff like that - who cares - but football..HD is the only way.

As for the questions about having an HD box but no NFL HD channels are available....you have to donate some more money. You have to order the 'SuperFan' package. I think the regular price is $99. But, if you get on DirecTVs "A-List" (which I think just means you pay your bills on time), they will offer it for half price.

It all sounds expensive but the HD NFL ticket is no more than two tickets, beer and food for one real game. Granted the real game will be a helluva lot more fun, the other 15 will be pretty good too....beer is cheaper as well.:cheers:

HD is nice, but people are making such a huge deal of it. I would rather watch the game on a big screen rather than a sharp 40 inch HD -TV.

My friends agree with me too. Also the bigger the TV gets the less sharp the HDTV gets.

I have watched games on both, i prefer my 70 inch non HD TV.

The bigger the tv, the less sharp the hdtv gets? only if you are watching an SD signal on the hdtv.... if the game is broadcast in HD and you are watching it on an HD set, it will be sharp. Games in HD look great on my 50" plasma, the game we played against the titans was broadcast in SD and it looked like crud.....

Archived