Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outstanding concert last night

Pete

Me, the wife, our daughter and a friend went to see The Presidents own Marine Band last night. I would think that you folks from the DC area have had a chance to see them. The hall holds about 1000 people, and the acoustics are amazing in the place.

Tickets were free, and it was general admission. We wound up in the 6th row center stage. They did a nice selection of music, with the classic marches Stars and Stripes Forever, and Semper Fidelis amongst others. After the intermission, they opened with Rapsody in Blue by Gershwin. The woman playing piano was utterly amazing. They finished up the night with a medly of the the songs for each branch of the service. They did each branch proud, but when geting to the final song, they all snapped out of their seats to attention to play the Marine Corps Hymn. The place went wild with applause with a majority of the place being filled with Marines from WWII, Korea, and Nam.

They did God Bless America as an ancore, and again the place went crazy. What an amazing show to say the least, and they played for almost two hours. If you haven't ever had the chance to see them in person, do it. It's well worth the time. I would have gladly paid a pretty penny for this concert.

:cheers:

Me, the wife, our daughter and a friend went to see The Presidents own Marine Band last night. I would think that you folks from the DC area have had a chance to see them. The hall holds about 1000 people, and the acoustics are amazing in the place.

Tickets were free, and it was general admission. We wound up in the 6th row center stage. They did a nice selection of music, with the classic marches Stars and Stripes Forever, and Semper Fidelis amongst others. After the intermission, they opened with Rapsody in Blue by Gershwin. The woman playing piano was utterly amazing. They finished up the night with a medly of the the songs for each branch of the service. They did each branch proud, but when geting to the final song, they all snapped out of their seats to attention to play the Marine Corps Hymn. The place went wild with applause with a majority of the place being filled with Marines from WWII, Korea, and Nam.

They did God Bless America as an ancore, and again the place went crazy. What an amazing show to say the least, and they played for almost two hours. If you haven't ever had the chance to see them in person, do it. It's well worth the time. I would have gladly paid a pretty penny for this concert.

:cheers:

No Mississippi Half Step? I know it's not really a state, but where's the love?

Glad you had a good time.

Archived