Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail To The Fans Who Came Out In Indy

dlwredskins

Hello All..Just wanted to say HAIL to all the Redskins Fans that truly represented in INDY...I'm still in Indy and heading back to LA tomorrow. I just say you guys were great showing up in burgandy and gold in a sea of blue despite the record we brought into the game. While walking around Indy the morning before the game I came upon this nice crowd that were greeting the Redskins as they left the hotel for the game. I personally saw several players and Gibbs. I was upset because I just missed seeing Brunell.

Anyway the best story was from a Father and Son who are Redskins fans who live in Indy...It touched me because my dad and I are both skins fans. The Father told me before he died he had to get to Fed Ex Field, he's never made it to RFK....I shared with him my story of me taking my dad to his first Redskins game in DC in 1999. I told him to check stub hub for tickets and they should try soon.

Gibbs came out signing autographs, shaking hands and taking pictures with everyone. The father did not have a camera, but a COLTS fan who respects Gibbs got him to take a father, son picture (with Gibbs)....The father was so overwhelmed and happy..he said that was much more that he could ever have expected....The Colts fan and I got his (the fathers's) email address and we are going to email him the pictures, including the one with him, his son and Gibbs....oddly enough my Dad (who was sightseeing else where) came over shortly after and met Gibbs for the first time himself. I've met Gibbs a few years back for the first time. Long story I'm sorry about that, but it was a good story and despite everything the people who came out to support the Redskins represented us well..even in defeat...WE Redskin Nation are what true fans and love for our team is all about...

HAIL!!!!!

Archived