Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders is the culprit.

TradeTheBeal!

Ah yes, "the Two Million Dollar man" otherwise known as Al Saunders.

Joe Jacoby was right: all the skins needed on offense was one hot receiver to balance Moss. Not two, or another coach, or another running back.

:laugh: You might be ignoring that we got TWO hot receivers and the QB still doesn't look their way, thus proving right those of us who said "dont blame Patten/Jacobs/etc"

Our O wasn't that good and that same O ran portis into the ground last year. Granted we can run Betts more, but we can't afford to wear down Portis, he's getting hurt every other week now and he's barely running 15 times. Hello, McFly?!

Certainly there are other problems, but it appears that Mr. Saunders has taken what last year was among the most feared, relentless and potent running attacks in the league and mutated it into something resembling the June Jones/Houston Oilers mid-90s "Red Gun". It's all finesse, all the time and it has become the identity of this team and this defense just like KC's defenses during his tenure there - listless and unfocused. Let's face it, Al Saunders has a LOT more in common with Norv Turner than Joe Gibbs. Personnel moves aside, the only chance this team has to have some success this year is to remove much, if not all, of offensive duties from Al and justly return them to Joe. Anything less than that will result in continued futility on both sides of the ball, IMO.

P.S. - As I recall, those wishy-washy Turner teams of the mid-90s/ "Run-n-Shoot" outfits also seemed to play consistently horrendous defense despite any attempt to upgrade their personnel. It's kind of a "symbiosis" thing, I suppose.

Thoughts?

Look, the last thing the Redskins need right now is another offensive or defensive scheme. Amongst all the other things, continuity is a huge problem. It is a matter of now switching things up within his system and some obvious player moves.....uh Brooooneil!

The coaching is not an issue.

The players, and lack of talent most certainly is. We go on these spending blitz, and get ex-probowlers. But, off the 20 plus probowlers we signed none of them made it back to the probowl! What does that tell you of our talent scouting teams?

We have been idiots to trade our draft choices away. Rather than build through the draft Gibbs wants to build through free agency, and the Skins are paying the price. We are screwed - salary capwise!

$ 47 million QB Booneell is a good example of our stupidity!

The coaching is not an issue.

The players, and lack of talent most certainly is. We go on these spending blitz, and get ex-probowlers. But, off the 20 plus probowlers we signed none of them made it back to the probowl! What does that tell you of our talent scouting teams?

We have been idiots to trade our draft choices away. Rather than build through the draft Gibbs wants to build through free agency, and the Skins are paying the price. We are screwed - salary capwise!

$ 47 million QB Booneell is a good example of our stupidity!

You're so right, it's all about the ProBowl.

Certainly there are other problems, but it appears that Mr. Saunders has taken what last year was among the most feared, relentless and potent running attacks in the league and mutated it into something resembling the June Jones/Houston Oilers mid-90s "Red Gun". It's all finesse, all the time and it has become the identity of this team and this defense just like KC's defenses during his tenure there - listless and unfocused. Let's face it, Al Saunders has a LOT more in common with Norv Turner than Joe Gibbs. Personnel moves aside, the only chance this team has to have some success this year is to remove much, if not all, of offensive duties from Al and justly return them to Joe. Anything less than that will result in continued futility on both sides of the ball, IMO.

P.S. - As I recall, those wishy-washy Turner teams of the mid-90s/ "Run-n-Shoot" outfits also seemed to play consistently horrendous defense despite any attempt to upgrade their personnel. It's kind of a "symbiosis" thing, I suppose.

Thoughts?

I just posted the exact same point in another thread. If people would stop making new threads i might be able to stop repeating myself. Look at the number of carries Portis has had the last 2 games. Pathetic.

I can't and won't judge Saunders until he has a qb who can throw downfield. Brunell's stats are decent, but if it's anything more than 3rd and five, the offense is pretty much screwed. Teams are crowding the line of scrimmage, killing the running game, because they know Brunell doesn't trust himself to throw anything more than five yards accurately. Brunell goes vertical maybe three times a game -- in the history of the NFL, I have never seen anything like it. It makes the offense incredibly easy to defend. The fact that the offense is generating points at all is a testament to Saunders.

Blame the qb all you want but it all starts with the running game and Saunders has totally taken the ball out of CP'S hands. That was the pulse of our offense last year. This offense is as bland as the fun and gun (or snap and sack as I like to call it).

Blame the qb all you want but it all starts with the running game and Saunders has totally taken the ball out of CP'S hands. That was the pulse of our offense last year. This offense is as bland as the fun and gun (or snap and sack as I like to call it).

He gave the ball to Portis and Portis got it in the balls. maybe you're missing Portis on the sidelines breathing the oxygen or holding various body parts.

Are you people serious?! :doh:

He gave the ball to Portis and Portis got it in the balls. maybe you're missing Portis on the sidelines breathing the oxygen or holding various body parts.

Are you people serious?! :doh:

So he got a little dinged up. Thats the nfl. And dont give me the cp wasnt willing or able to run crap this has been going on all season long.

Archived