Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Is Lamar Marshall??

skinscantbestopped

Marshall is to light to play middle linebacker. He wouldnt start there for any other team. Holdman is below average at best.

The whole defense is a bunch of below average palyers with huge contracts. Its time to start cutting palyers who have no heart

Gibbs is to nice to coach in the NFL anymore. I loved his first tenure but he too should go

DOES HE EVEN PLAY FOR US ANYMORE???....The middle has been week scince preseason when tight ends had there way with him from a coverage stand point but now he just looks real pathetic out there...did he make a tackle?....thoughts?

The only person that played worse was Holdman, I think that both of these guys should be benched. Put in Mcintosh and Possey, and set Marshall and Holdman.

The only person that played worse was Holdman, I think that both of these guys should be benched. Put in Mcintosh and Possey, and set Marshall and Holdman.

That's really not a bad idea. I'm sick and tired of seeing RB's, TE's and WR's getting past the second level. Williams needs to check his ego at the door and shake things up. It certainly isn't going to make things any worse.

Middle linebackers have always relied on strong defensive tackle play so they can be free to run to the ball and make plays. Ray Lewis had Tony Siragusa in 2000 when they won the Super Bowl. This is particularly important with smaller linebackers. It is no coincidence that Antonio Pierce's success coincided with the arrival of a healthy Cornelius Griffin who had a big chip on his shoulder.

The same was the case last year.

We don't have healthy tackles right now. Golston and Montgomery show promise, but neither are in any position to fill the void a healthy Griffin leaves behind.

By not demanding double teams, guards are getting free shots at Marshall, who, as noted, is undersized. He's just being enveloped by guys who are 90+ lbs heavier then he is. It's bascially not fair.

Guys like Jeremiah Trotter, who are 260 lbs. can fight off these blocks. 230-240 lb guys can't.

You will notice an increased effect of Marshall once Salave'a and Griffin are healthy once more. Until then, you're going ot see Marshall getting caught in all the traffic between D-line and ball carrier, becuase our young guys are getting blown off the ball.

Archived