Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Tale of Two Teams

E-Dog Night

It was the best of teams, it was the worst of teams; it was a team of wisdom, it was a team of foolishness; it was an Offensive Juggernaut, it was the Buccaneers of the 70's; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; it was a stifling Williams-led defense, it was an overpaid turnstile; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to the Super Bowl, we were all going to miss the playoffs.

Ok, enough of the Dickens. So what in the dickens is going on with this football team? Inconsistency is one thing, but to look like a legitimate Super Bowl contender one week and a NFL-Europe team the next is confounding. I don't think I've ever seen a team go from dominating on offense one week, to looking unable to manufacture basic competence the next. And how could a defense go from top ten to laughing stock so quickly? Shawn Springs isn't Jesus.

Answers! I demand answers! Because I sure as hell can't figure it out.

Sure, I could theorize. Gibbs hits his stride in December, the offense is new, the defense has new players (that excuse gets recycled every year). But that doesn't explain the bi-polar mind melt that is the Redskins.

Anyone? Anyone?

Archived