Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Input wanted, the fun things about being a fan...(no not a chicken little thread)

Mr. S

I just want to point out after a conversation I had at work. We are fans because it is fun to be a fan. The excitement and passion is great. This applies to any fan of any team to be honest (die hards though). We like to be there with the team through wins, and may complain during losses.

But...IT'S ALL IN FUN!!!

Sure I hate losing as much as the next guy, but a year down the road, it will be funny to think about. My co-worker and I were talking about how in the 2004 season, it took us forever to actually break 16 points or something. Man, Im not gonna lie, it's funny to think about in hindsight. We already got 16 points in our fisrt game! We only got 9 at the opener last year. My friend who's a Panthers fan can easily go back to their 1-15 season in 2001 and laugh at how horrible the team was. Yet, we are still die hard about our team.

I think that is what it comes down to. People can leave, jump off the wagon, complain, whine, whatever, they are missing the point. Football is a game, and is a hobby/distraction/way of life for us. I will never leave the team during a loss, Ill be pissed, be depressed the next day, but then, Ill recover. There is always next sunday, or there is always the combine/free agency/mini-camps/draft/training camp/preseason, you get my point. Nothing can beat the culture of tailgating, or being at home on your couch, beer in hand, and flipping between all the games on, then finally watching your own team play. To a die hard fan like me and many others, that is the greatest satisfaction.

BTW, WE WANT DALLAS!!!

Archived