Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sticking up for the Redskins D.

ConcordNCSkinsFan

For the last two years we've watched this Defense pull out a lot of games with minimal support from the Offense. They basically won the playoff game last year with no Offensive support, and the Offense was even more non-existant in the loss to Seattle. They've played well with a lot of undrafted free agents and players who were discarded by other teams. We expect the D to dominate every game but some games the opposing Offense is just in a good groove that can't be stopped. The Vikings got in this groove being aggressive with downfield passing from the beginning. The Redskins meanwhile on Offense were throwing the same crappy screens, checkdowns,hitches,and slants that we've been seeing the past 2 years. Last Night was the time for the Offense to finally start holding up their end and maybe bail the Defense out for once and again they didn't show up. A lot of threads and posts have been hammering the Defense and obviously they didn't play well last night. Still the Vikings ended up with 19 points, which should have been good enough for us to win with the money and talent on the Offense. Saunders seems to have left his aggresive nature in KC and has become just as conservative as Gibbs has been since he came back two years ago. It doesn't matter who's calling the plays or who the players are until the Conservative nature of the Offensive Coaches changes we will be stuck hoping the D can win every game. Again I'm not excusing the D for their poor play but I've seen how consistent this unit is to know they will bounce back and I'm not giving up on them.

Archived