Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video of Sean Taylor's hit on Mike Anderson

congo4269

What you should take into account is his positioning, how well he broke down before the tackle, his IN-HUMAN force and acceleration into the tackle (I think that's his best ability), and how well he form-tackled... all at full-speed!!! I have never seen someone do this more consistantly than ST. Not only does he rarely miss a tackle (if ever), but he is somehow able to use every ounce of his strength in the hit.

On a side note, I think when I get married I'm going to have him artificially impregnate my wife so my kids can be half as sweet.

Okay, I’m glad I read through before posting… I have a similar response… except for the insemination part; you’re on your own there. :laugh:

Besides the fact that Sean is big and strong he also executes nearly textbook tackles. He really lowers the boom.The combination of the two is just… devastating.

Take Lavar for example; he was a beast and a very hard hitter. Due to that, he got away with tackling high. Taylor is also a beast but he also uses great technique. He momentarily stops, squats and lunges forward with a slight upward motion.

Good times. :applause:

Taylor can always hit harder. Anderson made the mistake of trying to jump over the pile of bodies that had been scattered off the run blitz, perfectly called by Coach Williams. Watch the defense as a whole on that play and you'll see why I'm so jacked up about this season. Washington blitzes, takes away the corner, Andre Carter is in the backfield, keeping contain, there's no where for Anderson to go but back into the middle, and that's where ST is lurking. All it takes is that little stutter step or cut back, and BOOM ST has figured out where the runningback wants to go and beats him to the spot, with vengence. This defense is going to be nasty.

Thanks for the link. I didn't get to see the scrimmage. My buddy called to say Anderson went down on the sideline with a concussion after a monster ST hit. Looks like he bounced up after the hit ok. After looking at the fuzzy clip several times it almost appeared to me that Anderson's head was spun around just before hitting the ground like it contacted another body but it was too fast to tell for sure. Anybody else see that? Not taking anything away from Sean's hit tho. Yikes. Can't wait for regular season.

Archived