Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Birdhouse...

LoudMouth12thMan

Hey ES boys and gals,

Some have asked about the birdhouse that I have in my sig. It was given to my wife and I as a wedding present. My in-law's next door neighbor knows how much my wife and I love the Skins (as he does as well) and gave it to us about 3 months ago. He custom made it and painted it, put decals on the inside and outside. The cool thing is that the top is made from a bent liscense plate (Redskins of course). The mini-helmet is the perch that the bird stands on. It's a riddel mini from super bowl XXVI (really friggin' cool). He has made another one with a different color scheme. He builds costume birdhouses as a hobbie, but I was thinking the exact same thing as some of you...he should make and sell these things. The only concern I have with regard to mass production (10 or more) would be authentic materials i.e. the mini helmet, decals, and the plate. But I don't think they would be hard to find, do you guys?

It's my favorite piece of Skins memorabilia, and I will do my best to see if he will make them for some of you. You'd just have to cover cost of materials I'm sure. The touching thing is that a love for birds, except Eagles :laugh:, is a passion my Dad and I shared when I was growing up so it hit me pretty hard emotionally when this was given to me. Anyway, when I make the trip up to Vienna, VA next week for training camp, I'll stop by and talk to him and see if this is a possibility. We'll go from there and I'll see how many he can do in a reasonable amount of time. PM me if you are interested (some already have) and I'll see what kind of orders we're talking about. Please only PM me if you are serious b/c I know it's tedious work and I want to get an accurate count. Howard is the guys name who built this thing for the wife and I. He is a sweet guy with a big heart, and he loves the Redskins almost as much as I :D . Thanks Howard :point2sky

HTTR!

Archived