Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Genealogy

gchwood

I know that we had a genealogy thread a while back!

Anyway, 2 days ago I didn't even know my great-grandfather's (father's father's father) but a huge break came and know i have been able to trace that line back to 1685 to my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather, plus many of the other family members along that line.

Has anyone else had any success researching their genealogy? Does anyone else here do that? It gets rather addicting! and beleive it or not Genealogy.com really has helped!

One of my relatives on my Father's side of the family has done a very large amount of research on the paternal part of my Father's family. They've traced the family back to Germany (where my Great-Grandfather came to the US from in 1911) and back a fair ways over there. We've also found parts of the family that came to Canada and Argentina after WWI. Some of the family members have been over to Germany to meet people we're related to who still live there (and in Poland).

My paternal grandmother's family has done a lot of research on the family geneology as well. That part of the family came over to this country before the US even existed (late 17th/early 18th centuries) and traces back into a couple of large, major families in England, Ireland, and Scotland.

I'll have to look into geneology.com. Are there any other web based companies that provide this service?

Many years ago, my lategrandmother had a familty tree done and put into a book. Since her passing that book seems to have disappeared. I do remember reading thru it as a youngster.

All that I can vaguely remember now is that my descendants were 3 sons of a German banker came to the US in the early 1800's and established banks in various parts of the new US. And a great, great, great grandfather (not sure of the number 'greats' in there :laugh: ) was a Confederate cavalry sargent in the Civil War (I have inherited his pistols since my Dad's passing) and later sheriff in an old west town.

Of course this all could be exagerated, or I could be remebering wrong, but I would like to somehow know for sure.

I know that we had a genealogy thread a while back!

Anyway, 2 days ago I didn't even know my great-grandfather's (father's father's father) but a huge break came and know i have been able to trace that line back to 1685 to my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather, plus many of the other family members along that line.

Has anyone else had any success researching their genealogy? Does anyone else here do that? It gets rather addicting! and beleive it or not Genealogy.com really has helped!

thats pretty cool! ive been able to trace my others side back to about 1730 when they came from ireland. as for my fathers side the farthest tracable is around the mid 1600's probably closer to 1640 or so when they emigrated from wales. my family also has a rich documented military history in america on both sides of the family, most notably for me is the fact that John Paul Jones was adopted into my family in south carolina before the revolution, hence the name jones. other than him there was a general on my mothers side in the british military.

I'll have to look into geneology.com. Are there any other web based companies that provide this service?

Many years ago, my lategrandmother had a familty tree done and put into a book. Since her passing that book seems to have disappeared. I do remember reading thru it as a youngster.

All that I can vaguely remember now is that my descendants were 3 sons of a German banker came to the US in the early 1800's and established banks in various parts of the new US. And a great, great, great grandfather (not sure of the number 'greats' in there :laugh: ) was a Confederate cavalry sargent in the Civil War (I have inherited his pistols since my Dad's passing) and later sheriff in an old west town.

Of course this all could be exagerated, or I could be remebering wrong, but I would like to somehow know for sure.

That is a good history. You really should look into your history so that you can replace that book

Archived