Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

met mark schlereth yesterday

panthro

Do you think that there's a chance that Brunell had a case of "dead-arm" similar to what pitchers in baseball experience in the latter parts of a season? I'd be willing to bet that this is a possibility. Even quarterbacks on the lower levels of competition (high school and college) are susceptible to this type of fatigue. Once it sets in, its difficult to get rid of without an extended period to rest.

No, because it happened all at once, and right when his leg was injured in the Giants game. He was no longer able to step into this throws with the injury, and so he looked "dead armed".

Mark Schlereth did an assembly at my middle school (Godwin in Dale City) after the Skins won the SuperBowl. It was a motivational speech regarding staying focused in school and life, good stuff for the kids. He had a question and answer session with the students and stayed late and signed every last autograph. A real class act in every way. I still have the 1991 NFC East Champs shirt that he signed that day (I was just luck enough to be wearing it that day...although I wish I'd worn my SB shirt but you have to have a rotation). The shirt is retired and the autograph is a little faded but a great memory indeed. HTTR

:helmet:

Archived