Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Invincible (Movie about Iggles)

NYSkins1

Question:

If I go see this movie in Philadelphia wearing a Redskins jersey, will they throw beer on me?

Will the Iggles fans get drunk in the parking lot before the movie starts?

:cheers:

i wouldnt do/say anything to you unless you started something.... i wont be drinking before the game due to age... but we are gonna tailgate in the parking lot.

The unfortunate thing about this movie is that it will Disnify its depiction of Iggles’ fans rather than portray them as they really are: a fickle group of obnoxious, rude, drunken idiots who spend their days calling into WIP (the Philly-area sports talk radio station, home of King Idiot Iggles fans Angelo Cataldi and Howard Eskin) rambling and whining on-and-on with emotional, illogical rant-fests about the perceived crisis of the hour (McNabb, T.O., etc.).

I have lived in the Philadelphia area for the last four years and am surrounded by these folks from August to December (by the way, having their reign of terror cut short last season for the first time in years as we leap-frogged over them into the playoffs was shear bliss…), and my impression of this film is that the primary motivation behind its making is to make a killing at the box office and from DVD sales. The flock of green-clad sheep sometimes known as “Iggles’ Nation” who will probably go see it in the theatres more times than my ex-girlfriend went to see Titantic will then buy scores of copies of the DVD for everyone they know as holiday gifts in December.

I guess Disney is taking the first chapter out of Iggle-owner Jeff Lurie’s playbook…the one on how to make a boatload of cash off a mass of un-suspecting yet deserving idiots who are blinded by their loyalty to a franchise whose business model is centered on taking advantage of them rather than striving to win championships (see Dan “The Man” Snyder).

E-A-G-L-E-S-U-C-K!

H.T.T.R.

:eaglesuck

First, I'm sorry to hear your sad plight of living amongst Philthy trash. You deserve some kind of Katrina-esque disaster relief. But, I agree with your description that Disney sees an easy way to make a quick buck off of those with IQs around 80.

Archived