Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Flem File

Golgo-13

Have you guys seen this peice from the ESPN mag about Zeron? here it is:

The Flemister File

Wherein we follow the exploits of Washington TE and FlemFile mascot Zeron Flemister. Do yourself a favor and go to The Washington Post's website and check out the stunning frame taken by Jonathan Newton that perfectly captures ZFlem's powerful but fluid final few steps into the end zone in San Fran. (Z's game stats: team-high three catches for 57 yards and a 19-yard TD. I take full credit.)

Check out ZFlem's eyes, his 1950's-like pose and poor-poor 49er safety Ronnie Heard lying prone on the 5-yard line looking like Beetle Bailey after trying to deliver a knockout blow to ZFlem. "He bounced off me," says ZFlem, "and I just walked into the end zone." The call was an All-Go route where each receiver rides a seam straight down the field and by looking right or left the QB tries to freeze the deep safety. ZFlem saw the safety on an island, knew he was wide open the moment he released and was screaming in his head LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! "They left me wide open probably because after watching film from the Philly game they thought we never threw at our tight ends."

During his bye week, ZFlem is gonna enjoy his skyrocketing popularity (again, I take full credit), help his mom move into a new home in Milwaukee, spend extra time working on his blocking technique and yell at his old friends who revealed to me last week that in high school he drove a "big, beefy" 1977 Catalina that didn't go in reverse. Ever wonder what it would be like to get hit by a tank like that? Ask Ronnie Heard.

Archived