Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Section 200 Seating

SanfordJay

A question for anyone out there that may know...How far back, in row number, before the overhang interferes with your view. A friend of mine wants to get some 200 section season tix, but thinks all 200 is obstructed...Is he wrong? I don't want him to waste his money on some bad seats....Thanks All

A question for anyone out there that may know...How far back, in row number, before the overhang interferes with your view. A friend of mine wants to get some 200 section season tix, but thinks all 200 is obstructed...Is he wrong? I don't want him to waste his money on some bad seats....Thanks All

All 200 seats row 14 and back are not obstructed. Some of the tickets state 'limited view' versus 'obstructed view'. I have seats that are 'limited view' and I can see the entire field. The only thing I can't see is the scoreboard due to the roof/overhang. Personnaly I like the 200 level seats. I can't use the steep stairs so the upper level is out for me. If it rains I don't wet :) We have lots of TVs too. Now if the seats he is considering are 'obstructed view' then he needs to go sit in the seats and see if he can live with the obstruction. Look at it this way - I believe the obstructed view seats are considerably cheaper. So you get to be in the stadium and with all the tv's it would be no worse than sitting at home watching on tv - EXCEPT - You would be in the stadium and can yell and scream with all the rest of us Redskins fans!

First off, pretty much everything in 200 is at least limited view, as the earlier poster said. The overhang starts pretty far up. I don't think it affects the sight lines for the scoreboard, punts, and bombs for the first row or so, but does pretty quickly thereafter.

For those interested in pillars and the real obstructions...

I've got tickets in the [obstructed portion of the] 200 section again, and be very careful -- there are seats in row 13 and 14 that are obstructed, as those two rows are the ones that house the giant columns (a good four or so feet across) that are doing the obstructing.

In front of me in my section, for example, if you had seat 14 row 14, you'd be sitting with your rump next to the pillar and have a hard time seeing the far end zone without leaning over the person in row 13. The lady in seat 12, row 14 and son in seat 13 did okay, but leaned a bit to catch it all. 14,14 next to the pillar was empty the entire season. Row 13 seat 14-ish, if I remember correctly, you could likely see it all by leaning forward, but it's not completely unobstructed. Other seats in those rows would likely be very good, I imagine.

Luckily they won't sell you the seats without you showing up and taking a look, so you'll know before you buy. I'm out of state and, after some whining, the ticket office allowed a proxy and a signed form sent via fax. I ended up hiring a bike courier to stand in -- $40 or so total, but much cheaper than showing up myself (I still remember her calling on her cell, apparently sitting down in the seat, and saying, "Yeah, this is a pretty good seat." Must have thought the field was only 50 yards long!). Seriously, the obstructed view seats are awfully cheap, $333 for 2 preseason + 8 regular tickets this year. For many games last year (preseason and 49ers, take your pick), you could move down into empty lower bowl seats for a great view.

My view was about as bad as it gets and I'm headed back, for whatever that's worth. If you want to be at the games, give 'em a shot. But if you want unobstructed, pick rows 1-14 in the 200 sections, being careful with those last two (13 & 14). After that, *further* back is likely better, making the posts a little bit smaller and easier to see around.

(PS -- My seat is right behind a pillar, which has the added benefit of being right beside an aisle. Apparently they decided not to stick anyone *directly* behind the pillar, which means there's a walkway there instead. That lets me jump out of my seat and either squat or snare another when the action goes to the obstructed side of the field, which really isn't too shabby. Just a thought, as my seat is, if I didn't move, one of the worst, but with the aisle isn't much worse than the few bad ones in rows 13 & 14, and better than row 14, seat 14, where you didn't have any options when the ball went to the other have of the field.)

Phew, ramble. PM me if you've got any questions.

Archived