Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sell me on Gaithersburg, MD

LeesburgSkinFan

We lived there for four years and loved it. We lived right off of Muddy Branch Road near the Rio Center and found the location to be very convenient to the city, with lots of amenitites nearby. We also loved our church there. We moved last summer after our daughter was born because we needed more space and couldn't afford it there -- we'd move back tomorrow if we could.

Lived there for most of my life off of Clopper Road and enjoyed it. It's in Montgomery County so the schools are excellent and it's real easy to get to DC or VA. I go there at least once a week to the Kentlands which are really nice. I'd probably still live there if I could afford it!

It depends on what part of Gaithersburg you're looking at. Most of Gaithersburg is pretty good, but the best area is on the west? side of 270...Rio area or the Kentlands. Stay away from places like Montgomery Village area near Rockville. They are not bad places, just a bit old and congested. Quince Orchard, North Potomac, Kentlands areas are all considered Gaithersburg and are very nice.

No thanks skinsbuck but I appreciate the offer. I'm looking at Montgomery Village specifically...still looks like some decent affordable places there. If the move happens, I'll be taking Whites Ferry to work so I'm guessing it's like a 20 minute drive from Gaithersburg to the ferry. Anyone know for sure?

Sorry for the gratuitis (sp?) offer, but I had to do it. I live a little north of mont village. there's definitely some affordable housing there...and maybe some steals in this market. Whites Ferry will be about a 45 minute drive in the am traffic. What price range are you looking at? Sorry for being a bit nosey, but I know the area well.

Archived