Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OK Computer guys - I got a problem

Zguy28

IF anyone out there does System Administration, we got Legato Networker 7.2.1 to do backups and it is horribly complex.

Basically here is the problem: I'm writing the Indices to their own tape and it marks it as full after only about 1 gb. These tapes hold about 550GB normally. LEgato told me its being caused by IO errors. Any thoughts?

An I/O error sounds plausible - do you have an event viewer or a specific error that you can use for research? Also, have you consulted the documentation?

BTW, I have seen similiar issues with tape drivers before, and the tape being prematurely "full." It was due to the tape device itself and had to be replace. I am not sure if this is the issue in your case.

IF anyone out there does System Administration, we got Legato Networker 7.2.1 to do backups and it is horribly complex.

Basically here is the problem: I'm writing the Indices to their own tape and it marks it as full after only about 1 gb. These tapes hold about 550GB normally. LEgato told me its being caused by IO errors. Any thoughts?

What operating system?

Is that a SCSI tape drive? if not, what is the interface?

Internal or External?

Dell ML6000 autoloader with 2 LTO-3 drives connected via fiber to the backup server/SAN(CX300). I continously get "failed to eject" errors and timeouts. Called Dell today and they gave a registry hack, but I won't know if it works until tonight after I reboot.

Dell ML6000 autoloader with 2 LTO-3 drives connected via fiber to the backup server/SAN(CX300). I continously get "failed to eject" errors and timeouts. Called Dell today and they gave a registry hack, but I won't know if it works until tonight after I reboot.

Did you check the firmware/driver on the fibre adapter(s)? I know with some IBM tape drives they only support certain firmware versions and cards...Don't know about the Dell drives.

Archived