Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

drew bledsoes career stats..

grego

With how their team looks right now, they should make the playoffs next year.

That all rests on how their offensive line holds up. If it plays like last year then they are in serious doo-doo. If they play well then the Bledsoe-Owens tandem could be lethal.

In the world of the NFL it was worlds better. Considering in 2004 you guys were arguing that your 6-10 was better than ours. Dance your little dance, spin your little spin and you and your little friends try to convince yourselves of whatever you need to help you make it through the night. But the Skins made the playoffs and won a playoff game. They played toe-to-toe with the NFC Champs before bowing out. The Cowboys were a full two games from making the playoffs. We scored more points and gave up fewer. We gained more yards and gave up fewer. We had a better turnover margin. We rushed for more TDs and passed for more TDs. We gave up fewer sacks and interceptions. We intercepted more passes and recovered more fumbles.

:secret:

Rich..........

:applause: :notworthy :applause: :notworthy

by the way, love the "Rich....."!!!!

I'm the guy at CBZ that wrote the stuff...and I have no hate towards Bledsoe as far as I know he seems a nice guy and seems to say all the right stuff...

My contention in all this is Bledsoe is really nothing more than a mediocre QB (nothing wrong with that) but there were a few knuckleheads who prostrated themselves before him and proclaimed his greatness... :doh: as in him being top 5 great :doh: and other stupidity like that..

enjoy the draft and I wish your team and their fans good health

Go Cowboys

I'm the guy at CBZ that wrote the stuff...and I have no hate towards Bledsoe as far as I know he seems a nice guy and seems to say all the right stuff...

My contention in all this is Bledsoe is really nothing more than a mediocre QB (nothing wrong with that) but there were a few knuckleheads who prostrated themselves before him and proclaimed his greatness... :doh: as in him being top 5 great :doh: and other stupidity like that..

enjoy the draft and I wish your team and their fans good health

Go Cowboys

I would say that is a fair assessment. A lot of people still look at him as the 1996 Drew Bledsoe but he hasn't been that guy for a long while. He throws a really nice ball and when given protection can torch teams. But pretty much any NFL QB this side of Chad Hutchinson can torch teams when given time.

I remember going into last year most Cowboy fans were talking about Testeverde turning the ball over too much and looking at the interception numbers Bledsoe was a big upgrade in that department. What they didn't take into account was his propensity to get sacked and subsequently fumble. I don't remember the exact numbers but I'll take the numbers off the top of my head. In their careers Testerverde has averaged a fumble or interception once every 26 pass attempts. Bledsoe on the other hand averages a fumble or interception once every 20 pass attempts. Patrick Ramsey, whose biggest knock was turning the ball over, averaged a turnover every 24 pass attempts. Last year Bledsoe fumbled or threw an interception once every 14.67 pass attempts.

Under the right circumstances Bledsoe can be a very good QB but putting those circumstances together isn't that easy.

I would say that is a fair assessment. A lot of people still look at him as the 1996 Drew Bledsoe but he hasn't been that guy for a long while. He throws a really nice ball and when given protection can torch teams. But pretty much any NFL QB this side of Chad Hutchinson can torch teams when given time.

I remember going into last year most Cowboy fans were talking about Testeverde turning the ball over too much and looking at the interception numbers Bledsoe was a big upgrade in that department. What they didn't take into account was his propensity to get sacked and subsequently fumble. I don't remember the exact numbers but I'll take the numbers off the top of my head. In their careers Testerverde has averaged a fumble or interception once every 26 pass attempts. Bledsoe on the other hand averages a fumble or interception once every 20 pass attempts. Patrick Ramsey, whose biggest knock was turning the ball over, averaged a turnover every 24 pass attempts. Last year Bledsoe fumbled or threw an interception once every 14.67 pass attempts.

Under the right circumstances Bledsoe can be a very good QB but putting those circumstances together isn't that easy.

it is dang near impossible...but some things can be done...

TE, RB and WR...There has never been a offensive line built that can protect this guy so that is out...

but getting back to the Vinny vs. Bledsoe

Testy has fumbled 114 times I think while Bled has fumbled 120 times

Testy has been sacked I think 408 times while Bled has been sacked 451 times

They are the same guy...in fact Vinny might be a tad better...though I get attacked when I say that...

Vinny has more yards in less attempts and more TD's...

but more ints

and when Vinny had both a decent WR and RB he put up pretty good numbers... but Vinny is also just a mediocre QB

Oh I think you can win with Bledsoe but the more responsibility you take out of his hands the better...

Archived