Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's all fun and games until someone's butt gets stuck to the toilet seat!

RonJeremy

UPDATE - It's a full fledged "how did the ass get stuck to the seat?" investigation.

My current home town kills me sometimes!

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060407/NEWS01/604070317/1002

Toilet seat investigation continues

By Kim Mitchell

Daily Times Staff Writer

SALISBURY -- It was the last hour of April Fool's Day when a Denny's Restaurant employee on a regular bathroom check discovered a Fruitland man glued to his toilet seat.

To keep the uncomfortable situation from getting out of hand, Denny's employees handled the event very discreetly, said Martha Mariner, vice president of Rommel Holdings, the Salisbury-based franchise that owns the Route 50 Denny's.

"We never thought this would happen here, in Salisbury or our restaurant," Mariner said. "I hate that something like this would happen in our community."

The paramedics arrived, removed the victim and the seat from Denny's, and took him to Peninsula Regional Medical Center, where the seat was removed. Police were called to the hospital Sunday at about 1:30 a.m.

Neither investigators nor Mariner want to jump to conclusions or add their opinions about the events that transpired leading to the victim's unfortunate sticking. But neither could overlook the fact that the incident occurred on April Fool's Day.

"Practical jokes are jokes, but one of this nature, where you put others in harm's way, is not funny," Mariner said.

Mariner said the employees and restaurant are fully cooperating with investigators and assisting police.

"We're concerned with our guest (the victim) and this investigation," Mariner said.

Police continue to look into the incident, Capt. Mark Tyler said Thursday.

"We're looking at this from different angles," he said.

Investigators are interviewing witnesses and Tyler said one interview could lead to another, or 10 others.

"You never know where one (interview) could lead," he said.

Archived