Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Are Seahawks fans the biggest whiners in the NFL?

tsunami001

I'm referring to as a whole (yes, I know not everyone is like that).

But it seems like that have something new they grip about every week. Off the top of my head in recent memory:

-East coast bias

-Not getting MNF or a night game opening weekend

-Hutch poison pill

-Judge ruling on Hutch contract

-Vikings wanting a 2nd after they offered a 3rd for Burleson

-Refs/announcers in the Super Bowl

-No one likes the Seahawks, black sheep of the nfl

I know we redskins fans whine a lot (expecially about the media)...but it seems like seahawk fans are the worst. Agree/disagree?

Well, if we had to deal with the poison pill contract on our top offensive lineman and lost a Super Bowl in which there were a lot of questionable calls we'd probably be very whiny ourselves. The whole "black sheep of the NFL" thing and the MNF disappointment is just crap, though. Seahawks fans lately NEVER seem to blame their players or FO for any of the disappointments...

But it seems like that have something new they grip about every week. Off the top of my head in recent memory:

-East coast bias

-Hutch poison pill

I know we redskins fans whine a lot (expecially about the media)...but it seems like seahawk fans are the worst. Agree/disagree?

Seahawk fans are a joke...

Super bowl had 1 or 2 questionable calls but nothing that cost the game. Seahawks didn't deserve to be there in the first place so the fans should just be happy with 2nd place.

I don't think anyone even spoke about the Seahawks team until this year.. usually they are a huge flop... this year was a fluke. hippies

Seahawk fans are a joke...

Super bowl had 1 or 2 questionable calls but nothing that cost the game. Seahawks didn't deserve to be there in the first place so the fans should just be happy with 2nd place.

I don't think anyone even spoke about the Seahawks team until this year.. usually they are a huge flop... this year was a fluke. hippies

I'm a Skins fan but I live here in Seattle. To be fair they have consistently been getting better over the last 3 years so I don't really think they are a fluke. They do whine a bit but lets review this cities situation. They don't win....ever. I think they have one title. The supersonics maybe? I'm not even sure on that. Seahawks fans had waited 21 years for a playoff win. That's a hell of a long time. In that time the Redskins have both won superbowls and stunk up the joint. At least we have something to be proud of. These poor saps have NOTHING.

After last season, unless they totaly go down into the cellar, they will be recognized by the country for the first time.

I'm not saying they don't whine, they can be tremendous ****es about the whole SB fiasco. I don't think they are a joke though. This SB has bread a whole new generation of fans in Seattle. They are loud, they are proud and they don't see themselves as a joke anymore.

As a Redskin fan, I can't begrudge anyone the right to complain about officiating.

They have no sympathy from me going into next season though, not with that cupcake division they play in. Try playing in the NFC East, sweethearts...

If they coast to another home-field advantage with that soft schedule while we are beating our brains out week in and week out, I don't want to hear jack about referees.

-East coast bias

-Hutch poison pill

not even close... dallas, all the way

The worst thing I heard about Seahawk fans' was that they went outside the Skins hotel before the night of the game and made loud noises to screw with the teams' sleep.

They also threw a smoke canister into the Redskins tailgate. That wasn't too cool. They'll get theirs.

I think the Seahawk fans have a decent beef. They might whine a lot but honestly the refs did screw them. Obviously you can't blame the whole game on them but it could have been enough to change things. There is an East Coast bias and there are no Seahawk fans outside of Seattle for the most part. And of course they did get screwed with the poison pill thing which will probably be fixed by next offseason. It will be the Steve Hutchinson rule, much like the Gilbert Arenas rule in the NBA fixing a loophole.

Rizzo, there are Seahawk fans in all sorts of places, like any other team. There may not be as many fans in those other places as, say, Steeler fans or Redskin fans, but they're certainly not all in Seattle. (Check my info. And I know you said "mostly", I'm just making the point.)

Stophovr6, that cannister was thrown by an idiot (singular, not plural -- careful with "they"). On behalf of non-idiot Seahawk fans, I again apologize for that. But every team has its idiots (some more than others), including the Redskins. You wouldn't allow someone like me to characterize the whole Redskin fanbase by the actions of one of your idiots, so please try not to do that with us.

Regarding the "whining":

There was some really bad officiating last year, throughout the year. Probably every team was a victim of it at some point. There were clearly lopsided calls in our first ever Super Bowl, and that was emotionally painful. So sure, there were lots of Seahawk fans who were venting after the game. If you want to call that whining, so be it. But here is a question for you more level headed types -- If the knee-jerk reaction to a Seahawk fan's complaints and observations about officiating is the accusation of whining, then how can Seahawk fans ever make a legitimate point about awful officiating? (If you think about it long enough, you'll realize they can't -- but it's not because there aren't legitimate points to be made, it's because the definition of "whiner" puts the accused in a box that's impossible to get out of, at least until the accuser reconsiders his accusation.) That same point holds true for the Hutch/Vikings deal.

I can only speak for myself on some of these other items, so it's entirely possible that other Seahawks fans are whining about them, I don't know.

I don't care that we didn't get a nationally televised game on opening weekend. However, some have said that it's traditional for the Super Bowl winners to open the regular season weekend, and for the Super Bowl losers to close it on Monday night. If that's true, it that's the tradition, then it is curious that we didn't get that Monday night game. Nevertheless, I still don't care.

I also don't think there's much to the accusation that "noone likes the Seahawks" in that they're like any other team with people that like 'em and people that hate 'em. As far as the NFL is concerned, it is remote (Egypt, Siberia, whatever). But I've got to see evidence that Seattle is being purposefully discriminated against before I'll believe it.

Bluetalon: I didn't know seattle was so close to us.. ;)

Anyways, I wasn't posting this as an attack on seahawk fans. I have nothing against them, just wanted to see what other people thought. They've had some things go against them, no doubt...but it happens to every team. I think if many other coaches would have got a hefty fine if they had spoke like Holmgren did....so it works both ways. I just have heard more complaining from Seahawk fans in recent memory than other teams. Maybe each team get's their 3 months to whine, then the honor gets passed on to the next team for a period of time. Or in Dallas' case, all of eternity.

Archived