Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Chat- LB D'Qwell or MacIntosh?

goterps1986

I would rank 2 other LB's ahead of Jackson, the ones that are projected 2nd-3rd rounders.

Rocky McIntosh, Miami – McIntosh is an every down player at the next level, who’s flashed the quickness and strength at Miami to excel at all three linebacker spots. He plays the game very fast and very physically, making his presence felt even when he’s not in on a tackle.

Thomas Howard, UTEP – The casual fan doesn’t know Howard, but the pro scout does. In fact, BLESTO, the NFL scouting consortium, currently has him ranked as the No. 2 outside linebacker in this year’s senior class. The lofty placement is a product of Howard’s kick returner speed in a solid, 6-3 and 240-pound package.

D’Qwell Jackson, Maryland - Jackson possesses sharp instincts and good range in pass coverage, but at just 6-0 and 225 pounds, he is undersized as an NFL linebacker. He’s an emotional athlete, who possesses above average speed and a non-stop motor.

McIntosh has the versatility that GW loves....Howard may have move into the late 1st with his amazing workouts.

A couple of late thoughts here that probably have already been said by somebody in this thread, but no matter.

First of all, the hole in our D-line has been a pass rush. I happen to believe that the signing of Carter fixed that, but we'll see.

Second, the reason for Marshall not to move back to his more natural WLB position has less to do with talent at MLB and more to do with the fact that we can't have an inexperienced player at the MLB position acting as the QB of the defense. Marshall is not a "playmaker". He's a competent guy who works hard to be in position and to make sure that everyone's in position to fulfill their responsibility. He's not quite as good as Antonio Pierce was in that regard unfortunately, but he's certainly adequate for us.

Lets take MaCintosh, you have to trust that Miami LB's are going to be great. Just think of some of them. Just to name two, Ray Lewis and Jonathon Vilma.

DJ williams isnt bad either.

i read rocky's bio on the miami website and one year he played middle linebacker and strong side linebacker. the guy is very versatile and has experience all over the field. i cant see how we pass on him

DBs and Keith Bulluck.

It's one thing for a top 10 defense to start a 2nd round rookie at LB, but it's another thing to plan on using a that pick to use on a starting LB no matter what happens in the draft.

Tell that to Marvin Lewis and Odell Thurman And Mike Holmgren and Lofa Tatupu

Guest GIBBSisGOD

I think if D'Qwell drops to us than we should definetly take him but I don't think he'll get that far. We should seriously consider taking another corner as everybody's been saying like griffin and maybe try to pick up a linebacker like a.j. nicholson of florida state in a later round to fill that spot. I love nicholson's abilities and his off-field issues will make him drop. But i have heard that he isn't bad like all of his charges have made him look. Just a though ...

this wouldnt suprise me

264885.jpg Ht: 6-4 Wt: 245

Position: LB Birthplace: Nevada City, CA Class: RS - SeniorHigh School: Nevada Union HS

(Grass Valley, CA)College:UCLA

2006 Scout.com NFL Draft Rankings (full list):Pos: OLBPos Rank: #9Pos Rating: rating.gifrating.gifrating.gif

Biography:One of the premier linebackers in the nation, Spencer Havner is poised for a big senior year after earning First Team All-American honors as a junior and being a Butkus Award and Lombardi Award semifinalist. During his junior season, led the Pac-10 in tackles with 125 tackles (despite missing the Bruins bowl game), and had 8.5 for loss and a pair of interceptions, one which he returned for a touchdown against San Diego State. During his career, Havner has recorded 303 tackles to rank No. 11 all-time at UCLA and has eight career interceptions, returning three for touchdowns. A preseason All-American entering his 2005 senior year, Havner's 125 tackles in 2004 were the 10th most by a Bruin defender in a single season.

Archived