Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Brooks Signs With Raiders

Santana_Fan

They reached agreement with former Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks on a two-year deal worth about $8 million. There was some speculation that Brooks could visit Green Bay, but he passed up any chances to stay in Oakland.

img5885355.jpg

Now, Brooks becomes the favorite to be Randy Moss' starting quarterback, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo are likely to be back on the bench, Kerry Collins will not be returning to Oakland, and the Raiders have added their first significant offseason piece.

The Raiders told Brooks he would compete for the starting job -- no promises in advance. But he gives the Raiders the veteran presence they need.

It's a nice present for Brooks, who will turn 30 years old March 24.

Brooks managed to latch on to one of the few teams in the league that still had questions as to who would start at quarterback. At this point of free agency, starting jobs did not exactly abound, but Brooks found one.

Oakland views Brooks as a quarterback that has averaged 25 touchdown passes a year, and a player who can be a star if he learns to limit his mistakes.

Other NFL teams view Brooks as a poor man's Culpepper, the quarterback the Raiders initially targeted. Somebody's right, and the Raiders are rooting that it's them.

limited mistakes... raiders? It's hard for them to not paint the field yellow.

I would have got Ramsey since they have two good receivers... He can bomb it out for Randy Moss and he'll jump up and grab it. Just my thoughts though

I like this signing for the Raiders. Cheap, Brooks is still mobile enough to avoid a pass rush and has enough arm to float it to Moss. I think they still try to move up to draft a QB. Also heard the Vikings were trying to move up to draft on of the 4 Qb's.

I like this signing for the Raiders. Cheap, Brooks is still mobile enough to avoid a pass rush and has enough arm to float it to Moss. I think they still try to move up to draft a QB. Also heard the Vikings were trying to move up to draft on of the 4 Qb's.

I don't think the Raiders will grab a QB in the first day. It seems to me that they're happy with Brooks and a relatively high on Andrew Walters. I do expect the Vikes to try and move up to get a top-tier QB to act as understudy to Brad Johnson for a few years (Cutler seems to stand out to me as the guy they'd want).

they wouldn't need to move up - they pick 6th I think. - I see them taking Vince Young. - I'm thinking there are going to be a few teams trying to move up for Leinart, ahead of Tennessee.

Archived