Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D. Gardner

Stricknine

I bet that Gardner is going to be somewhere on the injured list every week because of his back. 'Probable' is most likely as good as he'll ever be.

Regarding Andy Pollin's information, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over anything the Sports Reporters come up with.

DT ''doubtful''

by Warpath of WarpathInsiders.com, September 12, 2002 at 2:38pm ET

Redskins coach Steve Spurrier called defensive tackle Daryl Gardener ''doubtful'' for Monday's game against Philadelphia. Gardener missed practice and was scheduled to see another doctor. Spurrier's declaration differed from the official injury report where Gardener was listed as probable. Gardener missed the final three preseason games because of back spasms.

DT could get start

by Warpath of WarpathInsiders.com, September 12, 2002 at 4:59pm ET

Defensive tackle Carl Powell could get his first start of the season when the Redskins play Philadelphia on Monday. Starter Daryl Gardener was called doubtful for the game by coach Steve Spurrier because of back problems. Gardener was going to see another doctor to determine exactly what was wrong. Powell started the final three preseason games in place of Gardener.

Originally posted by Novato

CUT Him

Uh ... no.

That's why we have an inactive list on game days.

Gardener is a cheap lottery ticket. If he ever gets his back figured out, it pays big. If not, it's not like we'll lose sleep over the stiffs who were cut to make room for him. If it works out that Gardener plays productively for 4 - 6 games this year, he's still worth it.

Also, though I haven't reviewed the game in detail, I have the impression that Carl Powell is working out better than we expected. And Ladairis Jackson gives us another option at DE on passing downs, allowing Wynn to move inside.

This is not a panic situation until we suffer another major DL injury.

Archived