Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offseason Strategy as I see it, FA's fill pressing needs, Draft for Depth

The Full Monty

The overarching design of the Skins offseason plan points to the strategy of addressing our immediate needs right now with free agents, with the use of the our remaining draft picks to secure depth, likely along the offensive and defensive lines.

I think this has been brought up a lot in the past couple of days.

Last year, Joe Gibbs told us the strategy: free agency to plug holes, and then best player available in the draft. I hope we draft some linemen, though!

If that is the case, then he is consistent in his approach this year and that's laudable. Which leads me to question how confused other fans here are about why we are either spending money or spending draft picks to get free agents...the song remains the same.

Last year, Joe Gibbs told us the strategy: free agency to plug holes, and then best player available in the draft. I hope we draft some linemen, though!

It's not so much BPA in the draft as it is BPA that fills a need. If we end up using our 2nd round pick, I doubt we'll draft a WR, S or DE now. It's gonna be a CB, OL or LB, likely based on who has the higher grade (and who doesn't have the Postons as their agent).

It's not so much BPA in the draft as it is BPA that fills a need. If we end up using our 2nd round pick, I doubt we'll draft a WR, S or DE now. It's gonna be a CB, OL or LB, likely based on who has the higher grade (and who doesn't have the Postons as their agent).

I'd like a mean tough SOB defensive tackle with that 2nd rounder, or best available offensive tackle.

edit: lets remember, some great DT's can be found in the 2nd round (Kris Jenkins).

Archived