Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Mad Will Lavar Be [if the 'Skins win the SB the year after he leaves]

dahurt002

If the redskins win the superbowl the first season that he left,

If in 2002 Doc (from the movie) came back from the future and told me the skins will win the superbowl after they let go of Champ, Lavar, Smoot, Ramsey,Coles, and Gardner(and if I forgot any other bumms please excuse me) I would have said "Ain't no Way". But in 2006 it looks like its Very possible. :D

That would be the classic example of The Sports Guy's Ewing Theory. For those of you not familiar with this, ESPN has a writer named Bill Simmons who carries the moniker "The Sports Guy." Anyway, he coined the phrase, defining it as a team that loses the person considered to be its star player inexplicably starts playing better.

You can read more about it here:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711

I think at this point LaVar cares more about respect and getting field time than he does about winning the super bowl. Getting to start every game and making a difference to your team is better than getting a ring while sitting on the bench less than 1/2 of the season.

If the redskins win the superbowl the first season that he left,

If in 2002 Doc (from the movie) came back from the future and told me the skins will win the superbowl after they let go of Champ, Lavar, Smoot, Ramsey,Coles, and Gardner(and if I forgot any other bumms please excuse me) I would have said "Ain't no Way". But in 2006 it looks like its Very possible. :D

Who cares. This isn't LaVar's team anymore.

Archived