Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis the new rushing leader

dinzelwashington

Joe Gibbs is a very smart man..."Remember when he said, Defenses has gotten alot faster..running backs cant run the way he wants them to anymore cause of fast linebackers"... now if we cant beat the speedy line backers might ass well get faster on offense..so he picks up all nascar recievers in randle el, moss and loyld and picked up the quickest play calling offense cordinator in the nfl...what will them linebackers do now.. cover deep against 3 poisonous recivers or leave portis with large holes.. what will they do..

Remember, Al Saunders in STL.. they were once the highpowered offense... marshall faulk was once the rushing leader.. AL saunders leaves to Chiefs.. The new high powered offense is in KC now.. priest holmes was once the rushing leader..now with al saunders taken charge on O in DC, portis will be the new rushing leader definately 2006 or 2007.....whos with me?? 26 dollars on the line..

and the redskins will be the next high powered offense...

Joe Gibbs is a very smart man..."Remember when he said, Defenses has gotten alot faster..running backs cant run the way he wants them to anymore cause of fast linebackers"... now if we cant beat the speedy line backers might ass well get faster on offense..so he picks up all nascar recievers in randle el, moss and loyld and picked up the quickest play calling offense cordinator in the nfl...what will them linebackers do now.. cover deep against 3 poisonous recivers or leave portis with large holes.. what will they do.. now with al saunders taken charge on O, portis will be the new rushing leader definately 2006 or 2007.....whos with me?? 26 dollars on the line..

Nascar receivers? quickest play calling O coordinator in the NFL? This is the most confusing thread i've ever read

my money would be on larry johnson... did you see what he did in a shortened season last year?? but still, portis will be huge for a long time. just pray for continued health

...and who was Johnson's o-coordinator?

It makes a difference, not in RB ability, but in o-line blocking schemes. I don't honestly know how good of an athlete Johnson is; all of his runs looked effortless.

Nascar receivers? quickest play calling O coordinator in the NFL? This is the most confusing thread i've ever read

umm.. nascar, cars equals fast.. fast reciever.. and u ever read al saunders philosophy on Offense. one part why his O is so poten is his quick play calling to catch defenses off gaurd.. maybe u should read more so u wont get confuse....

umm.. nascar, cars equals fast.. fast reciever.. and u ever read al saunders philosophy on Offense. one part why his O is so poten is his quick play calling to catch defenses off gaurd.. maybe u should read more so u wont get confuse....

Maybe you should read more so you can write better

There's no doubt that our Offense can now play up to our Defense!!! I don't care about the STATS as much as I do the "WINS"!!! Next season will be a fun one!!!

Every team we play next season will learn the words to our fight song...:)

...and who was Johnson's o-coordinator?

It makes a difference, not in RB ability, but in o-line blocking schemes. I don't honestly know how good of an athlete Johnson is; all of his runs looked effortless.

Trust me, Larry Johnson is a very good RB. He has an unusual style of running that looks very effortless, but it's always been that way. When he was with Penn State he set the all time NCAA record for average yars per carry for a season at 8.8 ypc. Yes, you read that right. 8.8 per carry for the SEASON! Carson Palmer owes him a Heisman, because it was stolen from Johnson.

That being said, the Chiefs have a great line, and their style of play fits very well with Johnson's style of running which is a bit more deliberate in choosing a path by reading his blockers, much like Priest Holmes was before him. If the blocking schemes stay the same and the personel, which I think they will, then Johnson is the favorite unless he gets hurt. If it's changed, I'd have to go with Portis. Alexander just got huge money and teams will be gunning for him after last year more than ever. Portis should be at least in the mix for the title.

Oh, and as for Tiki. His one year anti-holding-call pass is up. I predict the Refs will actually start calling holding on Giants receivers again next year, and Tiki will not have nearly as many long runs.

my money would be on larry johnson... did you see what he did in a shortened season last year?? but still, portis will be huge for a long time. just pray for continued health

and who was the offensive coordinator last year for the Cheifs?

I definitely have to agree that Portis' yard total will just continue to rise until he is the rushing leader. The DB's and LB's will have to pay too much attention to the flash of the speedy receivers going by them to put too much worry with Portis. Defenses will have to drop farther in coverage giving Portis a higher yards per run average and picking up the yards. GO SKINS!!!!

Archived