Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we move Lemar Marshall to the weakside????

boobiemiles

I'm still trying to get over Lavar's departure. I thought a few drinks would do it. No lie I had to smoke a blunt to get my mind off of it (and that wasn't a good idea). The one thing about this team is that every year they do something that keeps me up at night. It's been three years in a row. First it was Champ, then Coles, and now Lavar. To put it clearly I'm getting to old for this sh*t. But maybe there is a method to the madness.

I remeber I was at the barber shop, and I was debating with a Raider's fan (that is the beauty of the NFL, anyone can be a fan of any team no matter where they are), and he raised a great point. He isn't just a fan of the moment either. He was a fanatic like me, watching the line of scrimmage, and not the QB, things like that. He pointed out that the person that impressed him the most was Lemar Marshall. It was on the play that Lemar got beat for the TD by Joey Porter. He said that "Joey Porter caught the ball, but Lemar was stride for stride with him". I went back to the highlights, and he was right. Lemar got beat for the TD, but he was stride for stride with Porter. Porter is no slouch, and he has wheels. With that said do you think that Lemar can play weak side LB?

McCune is suppose to be the heir appearent to the MLB position in my opinion. He is big, stout, and a 27 year old, so he's not a rookie in the sense of age. Plus we kept him on the roster. At the weak side, Lemar can cover, tackle, and blitz. Plus GW won't yank him after one mistake (God don't like ughly), like he did to Lavar.

I think that he can cover like Shawn barber use to. Lemar had 4 int's last year. For those that don't know, the weak side backer, has to cover the flat, TE's or the slot over the middle, and towards the side line. It helps that he can tackle too, and play in space. Lemar demonstrated all those qualities.

I'm still angry at this squad for letting Lavar go. I thought that we traded Champ and that way we would always keep Lavar. I guess with Marcus Washington imerging, and GW becoming a true defensive genius, that #56 had to leave. The only thing that makes me feel like we know what we are doing is Mr. Gibbs.

depends who we add at linebacker..

marshall started out shakey inthe middle but by the end of the year he was really playing at a high level. it better be someone special to move him back out of there. my vote would be for thornton or witherspoon to play lavar's old spot and leave marshall inthe middle

I would love it if we drafted D'Qwell, he and Marshall are about the same size, and with what we saw from Marshall at MLB, I think D'Qwell can play there also.

I'm not sure it would make sense to put a rookie in the middle right away unless he showed exceptional ability early on in training camp. It might be a better idea to draft a guy who is versatile(Williams likes that) Make it a guy who played MLB in College but maybe prejects to the outside for most. Then you put him at weakside early on so he can learn on the field without negatively effecting the whole defense. Basically ease him into it like with Marshall. I just think it's easier for the player to learn the system when they don't have to make all the calls etc right away.

Jackson is a guy who could probably do this. Not sure about others in the draft.

I think the OLB position is where our huge signing should go. I would cream myself if we landed Julian Peterson and kept Marshall in the middle. How sick would that be? I have a feeling that he might give the DC area a slight discount since he is from around there. If we dont sign him, I still think we should keep Marshall in the middle and perhaps make a run at Witherspoon or Aydole. We need to draft DE's and OL and a CB. LaVar's spot should go to an already proven starter, not a draft pick.

marshall was not the best MLB this year, he is so much more effective at the outside. Do what we did last year for the MLB. Draft one, Bring one in FA and let those two and McCune compete. And see who steps up! SOmebody will step up and boom... we have back ups and a MLB!

Archived