Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question About Contract Negotiations

J3553

if you're a pro football player and you've already made more than enough money to live very comfortably for the rest of your life, why would you hesitate to help your team by negotiating your contract? especially if you're on a team like the redskins... a team that is almost sure to be super bowl contenders next year. it's not like you're really taking a major financial hit. and the publicity would be great.

i know there are rumors that a lot of the redskins high-dollar players (portis, thomas, springs, arrington) are stepping up, but why aren't they all willing to negotiate to help their team? am i missing something?

i guess when it comes down to it, if you aren't willing to take a small financial hit in order to play with one of the most promising teams in the league and be coached by joe gibbs, al saunders, and greg williams, you probably don't deserve those privileges... and you shouldn't be wearing the burgundy and gold. but what do i know?

J3553 -- this post did not need its own thread...there are multiple threads on this very topic in which this response would have fit into. Please make use of the search function next time!

i browsed the threads but didn't do a search... my bad.

Archived