Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need your help here...

Johnny Punani2

As some of you might know, I heard through the grapevine a couple of days ago I might be losing my job beause the FAA who I work for through a private contractor is looking at eliminating my job and moving a stripped down version of it to Air Traffic Controllers.

I am very worried and you should be too. I'm worried not because I might lose my job (I can get another) but what this will mean for all those to fly commercial carriers (you). Why should you be worried? Because what this will mean is people who have no professional meteorlogical experience, a conflict of intrest when weather effects flight ops, and understaffed/overloaded working conditions will be responsible for weather info that directly effects your personal safety while flying. I hope that caught your attention because if this goes through I have no doubt in my mind something disaterous will happen because of this.

Do you want to be on a plane when people who have no weather experience are telling pilots who are about to land or take off what the conditions are? That scares the hell outta me...

It just blows my mind the FAA would do this when they know it is going to effect public safety in a negative way. All because they need to fix a budget they messed up to begin with.

Please email your Congressman and Senator and ask them not to support this.

here is a link to a national petition...

http://www.fpdunion.org/national_petition.htm

As some of you might know, I heard through the grapevine a couple of days ago I might be losing my job beause the FAA who I work for through a private contractor is looking at eliminating my job and moving a stripped down version of it to Air Traffic Controllers.

I am very worried and you should be too. I'm worried not because I might lose my job (I can get another) but what this will mean for all those to fly commercial carriers (you). Why should you be worried? Because what this will mean is people who have no professional meteorlogical experience, a conflict of intrest when weather effects flight ops, and understaffed/overloaded working conditions will be responsible for weather info that directly effects your personal safety while flying. I hope that caught your attention because if this goes through I have no doubt in my mind something disaterous will happen because of this.

Do you want to be on a plane when people who have no weather experience are telling pilots who are about to land or take off what the conditions are? That scares the hell outta me...

It just blows my mind the FAA would do this when they know it is going to effect public safety in a negative way. All because they need to fix a budget they messed up to begin with.

Please email your Congressman and Senator and ask them not to support this.

here is a link to a national petition...

http://www.fpdunion.org/national_petition.htm

done deal, now I have this little GW petition I need you to sign :laugh:

Archived