Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Are We There Yet?

Om

Thanks for the kind words, gents. One thing I will say in partial defense of the "real" press guys ... they have to satisfy their editors and the need to fill X number of column inches per day on this stuff. Plus they're required to try to keep track of all the shifting winds. When someone leaks that talks have broken off, that's a story and it has to be reported. When someone else leaks a half hour later that talks are back on, that too is a story that has to be reported.

As a columnist whose only "responsibility" is to produce content a certain week, w/o real constraints on length or subject matter or any "angle" imposed by an employer, I get to step back, take in the whole picture, and give my opinions---hopefully in a way that is at least semi-informed and semi-entertaining. The team has been remarkably tolerant of all the excesses I've indulged in trying to stay within those loose boundaries. :)

What you're saying is that the other guys suck because they're not smart enough to get the work you have and that you're the man. We all know that, Om. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks for another accurate, well-written and timely article.

I've read all the articles I can since Ive gotten on here and I must admit, you are a hell of a writer Om. Everything seems well thought out and although people may not agree with everything you say, they can understand why you say it.....now if only we could get people in the Tailgate to argue this way!

Archived