Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and India agree to landmark Nuclear pact

Cdowwe

What do you base these assumptions on?

http://hkuhist2.hku.hk/nakasendo/sdf.htm

"The Self Defense Forces ("Jieitai") are the Japanese military. The name emphasizes self defense of the Japanese islands rather than any capability to project force outside of Japan because Article 9 of the postwar constitution prohibits the state from possessing military potential or force. The name is only in part a euphemistic device: the regulations governing the Self Defense Forces (SDF) specifically restrict it to defending Japan."

http://www.nci.org/02NCI/04/japan-articles.htm

Japanese nukes could counter China - politician

"It would be so easy for us to produce nuclear warheads. We have

plutonium at nuclear power plants in Japan, enough to make

several thousand such warheads," he said.

Japan 'could build 7,000 nuclear bombs'

"China is applying itself to expand its military power in the hope

of becoming a superpower," he said. "If China gets too inflated,

the Japanese people will get hysterical."

Ozawa defends remarks on Japan as nuclear power

NAHA, Japan, April 7 (Kyodo) - Opposition Liberal Party leader Ichiro

Ozawa on Sunday clarified earlier remarks hinting Japan could easily

become a nuclear power in the face of a Chinese military threat,

saying he meant Japan and China should avoid that outcome.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/japan/nuke.htm

Japan's nuclear power program based on reprocessed plutonium has aroused widespread suspicion that Japan is secretly planning to develop nuclear weapons. Japan's nuclear technology and ambiguous nuclear inclinations have provided a considerable nuclear potential, becoming a "paranuclear state." Japan would not have material or technological difficulties in making nuclear weapons. Japan has the raw materials, technology, and capital for developing nuclear weapons. Japan could possibly produce functional nuclear weapons in as little as a year's time. On the strength of its nuclear industry, and its stockpile of weapons-useable plutonium, Japan in some respects considers itself, and is treated by others as a virtual nuclear weapons state.

This article says 1 yr but I've read others that said as little as 6 months.

BTW, what do you base your assumptions on?

If you understood what they were saying, perhaps. I didn't read the entire 250 page document you linked, but the chart you cited me to doesn't say what you say it does. Nor does your claim jibe with anything else I have found. That is why I question it.

My fault. I read the orginal article wrong. It said the US has the largest population growth of any Industrialized nation.

Archived