Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much of the offense is going to Saunders??

bbuzz1962

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts on Al Saunders offensive coordinator position. Joe Gibbs gives this man a lot of praise, and it is well deserved with the offensive output of the Chiefs. There is no doubt in my mind if the Chiefs had a defense, they would of been Superbowl material last season. They had one hell of a schedule, and still did very well, even with their defensive woes.

How much of the offense is Saunders going to be responsible for? Do you think he will have the play calling responsibilities?? Will he be coaching the quarterbacks? Is he basically going to be the buck as far as the offensive scheme next season? What is hard for me to believe is that Gibbs is going to turn over the entire offensive responsibilities to him. Gibbs is an offensive guru, and it is hard for me to believe he will lay back and turn it all over to Saunders.

I think with the both of them, the rest of the NFL better watch out! It could be one of the best coached offenses next year. With Williams handling defense, I think this is going to be a hell of a year.

I thought this was a pretty good subject. Damn, I guess I need to talk about Ramsey or Arrington. We have a new offensive coordinator and no one wants to discuss the possibilities. At least I haven't been insulted yet.

Anyway, I guess I will add some of my own thoughts. I think Joe Gibbs is over the questioning of quarterbacks, play calling, and other issues that distracted him from what his job is, and that is running a NFL franchise that is worth 1 Billion dollars.

I think he wants to focus on the whole team as a unit, instead of having the offense being his sole responsibility during the season. As far as I am concerned, this was his best move since returning to the team. Guess what Al, you get to answer all the questions about play calling, offensive schemes, and who the hell is starting at the quarterback position. Joking aside, I feel this is the most important change this team has made in two years. I think the duo of Gibbs and Saunders is truly going to be history making. I think they will get this team to the Bowl, and maybe a couple times before Gibbs retires and Williams or Saunders becomes the head coach. Just a thought.

Well, it is my understanding that all the offensive playcalling duties go to Saunders in the box. However, I suspect Gibbs gets the final say on all calls and probably control of third downs, considering Portis' third down conversion rate, among other things.

:logo:

Nobody uses talent like Gibbs!!! He will make Saunders a better coordinator that he ever has been!!!

There's no doubt that Gibbs and Saunders will produce a "Top Quality" offense and one that the NFL East will fear!!!

Hail!!!

Archived