Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we make a deal with these guys?

Sknsnation

It say the Bengals are looking to sign a vet QB,I know we have cap issues,but if they have someone that could help us ? What do you guys think? http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL I mean they got players like Kelly Washington who i know is a rfa, maybe straight up for Ramsey,if not him maybe a couple of their back ups a de and or corner that are fairly youngand we could use for depth,at least we would get something for ramsey, and not just have to release him.

oh they have a few someones that could help. first one that comes to mind wears 85 and has some really good td dances. there's no way that any of those someones i can think of are of equal value to ramsey (or brunell if they wanted a /real/ veteran... or even ramsey *and* brunell now that i think about it). they'd have to be insane to trade straight up. they've got some nice pieces at LB and DE too, but too young to be a fair deal straight up. then there's their PK... that'd be a nice upgrade for us. but, alas, i don't think i'd trade a QB for a kicker, not after the bust our last big signing at that position has panned out.

maybe that chris henry kid, he's tall at least... even though he did disappear for cincy at the end of the season.

Yeah, Henry has a cheap contract, and looked like a good player as a rookie. He was a serious big play threat at WVU. However, he's facing some pretty serious legal trouble (a drug charge as well as a weapons charge I believe--I could be wrong) and he was a head case at WVU as well. He wouldn't be worth trading for until he's through his legal troubles.

The only one of the Bengals WR's that is not a headcase is Houshmanzadeh. Johnson is a great player, but we all know he is not the most stable person on earth. Henry and Washington are talented, but they both have troubles. I was hoping that Henry had gotten past his, but he has those nasty pending cases and both his attitude and play went south the second half of the season.

Kelley Washington is supremely talented, but he did not have the best reputation at Tennessee for being a team player and he is also a bit fragile. He did burn Carols Rogers in our preseason game against them though.

I don't think the Bengals would be all too interested in Ramsey. While Palmer did suffer a serious injury, he is likely to be back mid-way through next season. He will be at full strength in a year or so (speculation). They don't need a young "veteran" QB ala Ramsey. They need an old head who actually is a veteran.

While Ramsey has a ton of potential, and I do believe he will be a success in the league, his actual value isn't nearly as high as we like to place it. He hasn't had a particularly good season yet in his career. He does have the physical skills, but it hasn't transfered to sunday yet. This knocks down his value significantly. I am nearly certain no GM is as enamoured with PR as us fans are.

Kitna's leaving the Bengals because he wants the chance to start. That would indicate that despite Palmer's injury, he's still pegged as the starter. The Skins have said they will trade Ramsey to a team where he'll have to opportunity to compete for a starting job. If the current backup and former helluva player for the Bengals can't start there, why would Ramsey? Don't think he's going to the Bengals.

Kitna's leaving the Bengals because he wants the chance to start. That would indicate that despite Palmer's injury, he's still pegged as the starter. The Skins have said they will trade Ramsey to a team where he'll have to opportunity to compete for a starting job. If the current backup and former helluva player for the Bengals can't start there, why would Ramsey? Don't think he's going to the Bengals.

I don't think the Skins care if Ramsey is going to a team where he will start or not. If we do trade him, as bad as it sounds I hope Ramsey's interest are the last thing on the Skins minds. Skins interests are #1!

I don't think the Skins care if Ramsey is going to a team where he will start or not. If we do trade him, as bad as it sounds I hope Ramsey's interest are the last thing on the Skins minds. Skins interests are #1!

I can't quote it, but I do believe that a poster on here had said that the Skins promised Ramsey and his agent (I know, 'promise' is a bit of a stretch these days, but judging from the way they've treated Ramsey thus far, they owe him this one) that he would be traded to a team where he could battle for a starting spot or they would release him outright, which I don't think the Skins are willing to do.

I can't quote it, but I do believe that a poster on here had said that the Skins promised Ramsey and his agent (I know, 'promise' is a bit of a stretch these days, but judging from the way they've treated Ramsey thus far, they owe him this one) that he would be traded to a team where he could battle for a starting spot or they would release him outright, which I don't think the Skins are willing to do.

Unless they promised him in writing, it doesn't exist! I don't want to screw Ramsey over, but if it comes to him or the Skins, I think you know who comes first.

Disregard all after "BENGALS."

Especially those fantastic notions of getting Chad Johnson for Ramsey. It would be enough of a stretch to get Houshmanzadeh or however you spell it.

Please re-read the article i made no mention of chad johnson or even t j for that fact...and then i was just asking a questionon some other people....read, understand and think before you reply- thank you

Kelly Washington is a hoemtown kid. He is from the Northern Virginia area, very close to my hometown. Not only that, he is a good reciever, which we need. Do you guys remember when he burned Carlos Rogers in the preseason?

I think he could be a good #2 or #3 in a place that does not have the WR depth of Cinncy, like here. Plus, I like seeing hometown guys wearing Burgundy and Gold.

Ramsey could play the last year of his contract for the Bengals, starting the first several games for an injured Palmer. It would be an excellent chance for him to showcase his talent in a contract year. The Bengals do need SOMEONE to start the first several games of the season while Palmer heals.

Well, anyway Patrick Ramsey for Kelly Washington straight up is a move I would support. It seems like it would be a good fit for both teams. Both players are relatively inexpensive, have potential, and fulfill needs.

Archived