Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerns

The Green Monk

Green Monk - the time to doubt Joe Gibbs is over. Going from 6-10 to the divisional round of the playoffs AND posting a 5-1 record in the NFC East is hardly something to question.

I agree watching Brunell throw the ball out of bounds is frustrating - but believe it or not, it's called being responsible rather than trying to force something and risk a pick.

Gibbs has earned the privilege to not be questioned - this includes trading up to get Campbell.

I'll take 11 wins and and a playoff push anytime compared to what we've had since 1999.

I don't think anybody is going to argue that losing Trotter, Pierce, and Smoot were "good" moves, but in every business you need to make some hard decisions sometimes. Also, the staff needed to establish some consistency on how much to pay people and how negotiations will work.

Honestly though, Trotter didn't do anything for the Skins while he was here. I don't know who to blame on that, but it was very frustrating. I'm guessing that you're blaming Gibbs. You're entitled to your opinion I guess.

You're right - Trotter even admitted to dogging plays when he was in Washington because he really wanted to be back in Philly.

I don't agree with everything you're saying, Green Monk, but you do have some good points.

1. We pay dearly with top draft picks for Jason Campbell, and he can't play over Mark Brunell.??? That makes no sense. If Campbell wasn't good enough to play in 2006, then we paid too much for him; but if Campbell really has talent, how could he not beat out the slug who dragged the offense down all season....

This point ESPECIALLY!!! I'm not a big fan of the NFL Draft. I'd rather see us get PROVEN PLAYERS in Free Agency than unproven "potential" in the draft. However, when you spend TWO, FIRST-ROUND PICKS on a player, He darn well better be able to come in and make an impact... IMMEDIATELY!!! Not 2 or 3 or 4 years later.

3. Can we get a kicker who can land kickoffs between the goal line and the 5, as opposed to John Hall's short, line drive kickoffs being handled between the 15-20, so that a normal return has the oppositions offense starting at their 35 or 40. How many games does Gibbs have to see Hall put extra pressure on the defense before he addresses it.

This is another one where I think something serious needs to be done. Not only is there the issue of Hall not being able to get kickoffs in the same time-zone as the goal line, the guy is always INJURED!! He's a KICKER for cripes sake!!! It's not like he's a real football player. All he does is kick. If he can't stay healthy, and kick the ball, tell him to pack his bags and get his butt on the next bus out of town.

4. Get some offensive linemen for christs sake.

Those of you who remember me from KFFL's boards may remember my reaction to the signing of Casey Rabach last offseason. For those of you who don't frequent that board or who don't remember it... I went NUTS decrying the signing... He looked GREAT(lol) against the Seahawks, didn't he?

So far as I am concerned there are THREE O-Line positions that need to be dealt with..... Center (already discussed), Left Tackle (Samuels is a turnstyle when it matters and a penalty machine), and possibly RG (If Thomas can't stay healthy, he needs to be replaced).

5. I'm concerned about Gibbs.......because we have no offense against real teams. Offense generated 10 points in 2 playoff games, defense 17 ( when the defense gives you the ball on their 5, that's a defensive score, when the defense gives you the ball in field goal range, and you only get a field goal, that's a defensive score)

This is my most major concern. We scored 30+ points only 5 times all season. We were held to 27 points total in TWO playoff games. The Offense needs to find it's legs and do it PDQ!!! Unforunately, I don't believe we have the players in place at this time to do that. David Patten? Mark Brunell? Patrick Ramsey? Chris Samuels? Casey Rabach? I could go on, but I won't. I hope that the Al Saunders signing will remedy the other problem our Offense has had for the last 2 years..... 100% predictability.

Archived