Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Could Learn Something From Skins

tr1

I'll play. If the CBA isn't extended before 3/1, the Skins won't "trim a player here or there" but they'll be forced to cut several including a few starters. This will be explained away by fans who bring up how bad so and so player sucked and how Gibbs is filling the roster with Gibbs type players. These players will be replaced with guys who make the minimum. Your depth will be shot. If this scenario happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brunell go and Campbell get the starting job since it will obviously be a year which you can't feasibily compete with the big boys. This will be explained away by the Skins faithful as "part of Gibbs master plan".

If the CBA isn't extended before 3/1, you won't win 8 games next year. That's how bad and painful it will be.

Cool, now that's a post and a stance. I can respect that (I just hope you're wrong).

So, if the CBA is not extended before 3/1, you are saying we'll cut several starters (including Brunell), start our rookie, and fall under .500. Got it.

I will say that we restructure some big contracts, cut some depth (we agree on that), and are quiet in FA. I would contend that almost every starter will be back unless we bring someone in to upgrade the position (not a minimum wage guy unless we're replacing a minimum wage guy). I have no clue what our record will be, but it won't suffer for talent reasons.

Cool, I'm glad you played along! This, to me, just seemed less abstract than saying "Things will be bad."

I scaled back a little. I was going to post "The Skins won't be able to field a roster and will just forfeit all their games on March 2nd" but decided against it. ;)

Good decision...at least your scenario gives you a fighting chance to be correct!

:laugh:

Enjoy the weekend my man and forget about salary caps and 30% rules!

:cheers: :eaglesuck

First let me say what I've said all along that I believe the most likely course of events is the CBA will be extended by 3/1. What will happen to the Skins if it isn't extended and how will they get under the cap. I think they are about 23M over and if they cut every player who would produce a savings it comes to about 19M but they have to replace some of those players because I believe the CBA mandates a roster of 43 players. I think they can do about 5M of legitimate restructuring if players are willing to change how much they get in certain years but keep the overall total the same. It would be interesting to see how they would handle it.

If it is extended they will be able to do what the"experts" say plus an additional 6M of incentives that count against the cap now will disappear plus I'm thinkin a new CBA will bring greater sharing of local revenue which should bring an increase in the cap limit.

Archived