Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things to ponder as we start this season.

Brave

Here we go. Another new season. Another new coaching staff. Another new set of QBs. A few questions that come to mind as we head into the regular season:

- Are most skin fans ready to settle down with Spurrier as the head coach even if things don't play out as rosy as expected coming out of the gate? Are we going to see the "Fire SS" threads if he starts 0-3? Or if we finish 8-8 and lose to Dallas twice (Oh God, please no!).

- If we are even moderately successful this year can you imagine where we'll be in a few years as SS tweaks the roster in his favor?

- Can't anyone say "pass" or "throw" anymore? "Pitch" is fine every now and then, but is there some unwritten rule that fans must emulate speech patterns of the coach, charasmatic though he may be? Same with "Ball Coach."

- Would all the "Lavar is a bust" crowd of a couple of years ago please stand up?

- What are you looking forward to most: The first game or the first post-game press conference?

I am just glad we are starting with AZ rather than Pitt ot NE!

We will be a solid team this year and will get better by next year!

Salary cap wise we will be in good shape and hopefully draft 2 good OG's and some quality depth. We are 1 year away from dominating, once SOS gets what he needs to run his offense. Ramsey will be the Franchise and we are looking at a work in progress this year. This team has been through so many changes in the last 3-4 years that it doesn't have an identity! We will by the time the YEAR ENDS! :thumbsup:

HTTR

Future does look bright with SS. However, we need to work out a long term deal to extend Jansen and also improve the 3 middle positions on the OL. I also think that Stephen Davis should stay, so hopefully a new deal can be worked out here too.

S double doesnt mince words which is alot better than what we do works or Frankly.

Maybe after the FO gets their head out of their a$$ and realise that success starts and ends with the O line we will see Jansen extended and we draft lineman instead of more skill players that we wont need if we dont have the time to get them the ball.

I am truly ready for this season to begin. There are going to be those bandwagoners, who at the first sign of murky waters want to jump ship. Even, forbid the thought, if our beginning is 1-2, that does not mean we are circling the drain.

This is going to be an exciting season and I believe we all agree on that. As far as I can recall, there was only one team that had a perfect season, so let's not go there. Our injuries are going to hurt us, but our rookie class is a solid one.

As I have said, we are in the double digit win column.

Blondie

Guest Trevor

I have been excited for a while about the season, but strangely enough, after last night's game I'm even more excited. I was having a lot of trouble stomaching Woeful as the starting qb and now with Matthews starting I just have an even better feeling about the season.

I admit rooting for Danny to fail. Call me a lousy fan, but it's the truth.

I still think we're gonna get off to a slow start, which may end up keeping the Skins from making the playoffs agian. It's going to take some more time for the o-line and the entire offense in whole to gell. On paper the schedule looks much tougher than last years, so we might not be able to make up so much ground late in the year as we did last year.

The future does look good though. Next year, Gardner should be set to go as a #1 wideout. Ramsey might be ready to take the starting job. Arrington, Smoot and Bailey will have another year to get even better. A couple more weapons added to the roster next offseason(either through the draft, free agency or Thompson, McCants, Betts, etc prove to be players) and some solid o-line moves and the offense should be very good.

Archived