Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"F" the media, I believe!

canesluver

I grew up as a Baltimore Colts fan with season tickets during the Bert Jones era and a few years past that. I loved the Colts, and then Mayflower removed them from Baltimore :doh:. I then began following my college team, the Hurricanes, which I love to this day. I gravitated to the Skins based upon my father getting season tickets seven years ago, with myself buying them 5 years ago. I was somewhat dissapointed in the results from my season ticket acquisition in the first 4 years.

This year finally made me a diehard Skins fan. For the first time since I began attending games, I finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel. This team had something. The main thing I never saw with previous teams was the unity. This team is the only example within the 7 years that I have followed the team, that exudes togetherness. I love that it has finally come together. I attest that this togetherness is in direct correlation to Joe becoming the coach. Inspiration from within. I haven't seen this kind of team unity in the 7 years I have been following the Skins, but I'm sure you others have in previous Gibbs teams. No wonder we won 3 Super Bowls.

This team makes me proud to be a Redskins fan, as I'm sure others would agree. I'm tired of hearing every week that the Skins will lose from the mediots, this week included. They have something that a Skins team hasn't had in a long time, that being the word "TEAM". I believe in this team! I don't see any reason that the media is going to be correct. I can't help but feel we'll end up in the Super Bowl, but even if we don't, this year has been special, and I look forward to seeing what kind of magic we might see in Joe's remaining 3 years. HTTR! :2cents:

Archived