Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder

Hokieskin

I have to say the Redskins are very lucky to have an owner like Dan Snyder, a true fan who is prepared to do whatever it takes or costs to help the team win.

Has he made mistakes - Yes

Will he make mistakes in the future - Yes

As long as he is trying to help the team win I can forgive him any mistakes ( except letting Jansen leave).

In general I think Snyder deserves some leeway. As someone else here said first: he's made mistakes.

However, according to my favorite football writer, Tuesday Morning Quarterback, he's done some nasty stuff too. For example, when buying the team, he solemnly promised to leave the stadium name as is, to honor the former owner's memory. Three months after the team was his, he sold the naming rights to Federal Express. He also had the team's headquarters officially moved to Landover, MD. Before, the stationery and other official stuff displayed the team's HQ in "Raljon, MD", which was a town incorporated by Cooke specifically to honor his sons. Snyder didn't want any of that.

Maybe these are minor transgressions. But the first shows he is not a man of his word, and the second shows he has little respect for tradition. These are not good traits for an NFL owner. That said, he did bring us Spurrier, which buys a lot of forgiveness.

Archived