Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crowd Noise @ Qwest Field

44Dieselfan

Sorry if this question has been posted before. Isn't there an NFL rule that allows the visiting QB to back off of the snap if he cannot hear or communicate with his team? I remember seeing this on MNF a long time back (maybe 7-8 years ago). Does this still exist? I believe in the MNF game I remember, the home team got a warning about the noise, then they got personal fouls (15 yard penalties) until the home coach asked for the fans to quiet down? This would piss me off if this happened at FedEx, but I would love it to happen this Saturday?

fed ex? whats fed ex? its qwest field. formerly seahawks stadium. and eli manning played horribly. they had a record number of false starts that game due to the crowd noise. it was unbelievable.

in fact, there's supposedly an article in the washington post today about how loud it is here in seattle.

go read it.

what you don't know, is they're all yelling:

CAW

CAW

CAW

Guest Dave959

CAW

CAW

CAW

You sure thats not just the venders selling "coffee...coffee...coffee"?

Well, I have never heard a ruling concerning allowing the QB to back off in such situations. Didn't see it in the Giants game this year on TV, nor 25 years ago when I witnessed them beat the Raiders by score of something like 33 - 3 in the Kingdome, which was the loudest stadium back then.

According to the NFL rules, excessive crowd noise can result in either a loss of time out(s) or a five yard penalty against the defense. However, it is a rule that is rarely, if ever, enforced.

Yeah, it'll be really loud, but not for long. Seattle fans are fragile. Remember, they haven't won a playoff game since 1984. They'll be screaming their lungs out from the opening kickoff... and then they'll go home for a nice quiet latte when the Skins score first.

fed ex? whats fed ex? its qwest field. formerly seahawks stadium. and eli manning played horribly. they had a record number of false starts that game due to the crowd noise. it was unbelievable.

in fact, there's supposedly an article in the washington post today about how loud it is here in seattle.

go read it.

CAW

CAW

CAW

you saw the lesbian seagull thread dedicated to you, right? I think the thread is called Seagulls fight song

go read it.

CAW

CAW

CAW

We play the Giants twice a year, he was talking about fedex jackass.

You do not have a stadium that seats 90,000+ fans.

:laugh:

You're F'ing kidding right, 80,000 grown men yelling Caw Caw Caw. That's great, really, you guys take the bird thing a little to far, do you all regurgitate food into each others mouth after TD's?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IT is a little ridiculous, isn't it?

Oh and you forgot one:

:seahawksu

Guys, I dont think we should laugh at the CAW CAW CAW! The bandwagon and fairweather fans out there are still learning how to be a fan and learning what football fan tradition is all about now that they have a decent team. Give them a couple years to come up something that doesnt cause their opponents to erupt with laughter when they hear it....wait maybe thats their strategy!

:laugh:

You're F'ing kidding right, 80,000 grown men yelling Caw Caw Caw. That's great, really, you guys take the bird thing a little to far, do you all regurgitate food into each others mouth after TD's?

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :applause:

go read it.

CAW

CAW

CAW

I didn't know 29 of 53 for 344 yards for 2 TDs and 1 INT was bad. Particularly on the road.

Archived