Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The season NOW is a success!

Kenny

I mean of course we won't be completely satisfied unless we win the whole thing, but we're pretty much playing on house money right now!

Playing against the #1 seed as heavy underdogs if we lose we've gotten as far, probably already further than we should have. It'll be disappointing and like I said, I won't be completely satisfied BUT it won't be a ready to jump off a bridge type of disappointment either a.k.a. a chokejob. This could work in our favor as we'll come out flying around and if Seattle doesn't match our intensity and comes out tight, then you never know! We could win this game.

I'm sure inside our organization our guys won't be satisfied with anything less than bringing another Lombardi to DC.

BUT this season is a success without question, regardless of what happens the rest of the way and with Joe Gibbs back the future is bright!

Agree?

HTTR!!

I beg to disagree. This season is not a success unless we can improve on this season as evidenced by what we do next year. In other words ARE we building a dynasty. So far looks good. We don't want another decent year stuck in between a series of bad years i.e. 1999.

I beg to disagree. This season is not a success unless we can improve on this season as evidenced by what we do next year. In other words ARE we building a dynasty. So far looks good. We don't want another decent year stuck in between a series of bad years i.e. 1999.

That was not with Gibbs. He is the difference.

Yes, definitely this year is already a success, but I think we still have a lot of work ahead of us if we want to continue to be a threat each year. Some of you guys said that this won't be a fluke with Gibbs on our team. Do you think GW will be able to continue his success?!?! GW hasn't had a great record as head coach.

I mean of course we won't be completely satisfied unless we win the whole thing, but we're pretty much playing on house money right now!

Playing against the #1 seed as heavy underdogs if we lose we've gotten as far, probably already further than we should have. It'll be disappointing and like I said, I won't be completely satisfied BUT it won't be a ready to jump off a bridge type of disappointment either a.k.a. a chokejob. This could work in our favor as we'll come out flying around and if Seattle doesn't match our intensity and comes out tight, then you never know! We could win this game.

I'm sure inside our organization our guys won't be satisfied with anything less than bringing another Lombardi to DC.

BUT this season is a success without question, regardless of what happens the rest of the way and with Joe Gibbs back the future is bright!

Agree?

HTTR!!

Absolutely, I agree. If we come out swinging against Seattle and somehow pull it off, I'll be attending the NFC Championship game with a smile on my face (especially if Carolina wins too...because I could then drive to the Championship game) However, if we lose Saturday I will be sitting at home smiling, because this has been a successful season and I only see the franchise getting better under Gibbs, Williams, and the group of guys that they have put together.

Of course, we want to win and I will be cheering hard, but if we don't oh well...Dallas fans can't talk smack, neither can Giants fans or Eagles fans, because we've made it farther than all three of those teams.

As Gibbs would say: "They really fought their guts out."

I'd have to agree. They made it furthur than I thought they would. However, even if they lose this week, I'd like to see the Offense put in a better showing just to have some momentum rolling into next year.

me, too. before this season started i was hopeful but thought the playoffs were unrealistic. at that time i was looking at the last 3 games as a signal of how we'd be next year offensively.

the numbers in those 3 games were outstanding, and i think they have as good a chance as anyone else in the division next season, but i'd like to see some production in seattle to prove that portis and brunell can last a whole season. face it, next year they'll both be older and more injury prone com playoff time.

but that's enough about next year, this one isn't over yet! HTTR!

Archived