Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First defensive series/intensity

Mark911

I think we'll know after the first defensive series whether we're going to win this game today or not. I think the defense really sets the tone for this team.

If we can come out like we did against Dallas, there's no way this team can beat us. The Dallas and NY games were great intensity wise. We were on fire. We were also at home, so that's something to worry about.

I'm actually hoping they get the ball first. I remember our last playoff game @ Tampa. Heartbreaking.

Yes, I agree the defense sets the tone for this team. However the first series would be too early to tell, especially at how good we are with adjustments and all.

We also need to set a tone offensively by running gut and stretch plays. Put the ball in the hands of Cooley, Portis, and Moss and we should have no problem.

Intensity shouldn't be a problem in a playoff game. If you can't get up for a playoff game, then you got no pulse! I'm just worried we may come out too jacked up! IF we fall behind early, it won't necessarily mean we came out flat either. Those guys in Tampa get paid as well!

And it's not about how you start, it's how you finish! That playoff game in '99 you mention, we started off up 13-0 but couldn't finish the deal.

HTTR!!

Archived