Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please explain why ESPN ZONE in DC sucks for Skins games

RonBurgundy&Gold

Obviously I'm new here, although I've been lurking for years.

I've seen random blurbs about how the ESPN Zone in DC sucks, but never an explanation as to why it sucks.

Living in West by God there are Skins fans but its just not the same feeling as being in the hometown with all the fans. Me and my friends were planning on heading down to ESPN Zone tomorrow a few hours early to grab a good spot.

But after seeing so many discouraging remarks about it, I'm starting to think maybe we should find another spot.

Can I please get an explanation further than "ugggh".

Thanks ahead of time.

HTTR

:cheers:

I dont know if it actually sucks or what, but a group of friends and I planned to hit it up early before the Dallas MNF game. We got there around 7 to be sure we got good seats. We had to wait in about a 15 min line outside..we got up to the front, and they said that there was a $10 per person per hour minimum. So for sitting there for 4-5 hours, we would have had to spend $50 a person. My friends thought that was too steep, so we left for a more typical bar.

I imagine they will have a similar minimum for this game, but if you make it in - let me know how it goes.

Yeah, there's a charge per hour if you're sitting at the dinner tables. There's not that many "dinner" tables either, so once the game starts, they'll shove people in right next to you. People that you don't know will sit at your table, and you'll also be charged 10 bucks an hour for sitting there. However, if you actually spend 10 bucks an hour (e.g. 2 beers), then you aren't charged for anything but what you ordered. At least that's how it used to be.

Yeah, there's a charge per hour if you're sitting at the dinner tables. There's not that many "dinner" tables either, so once the game starts, they'll shove people in right next to you. People that you don't know will sit at your table, and you'll also be charged 10 bucks an hour for sitting there. However, if you actually spend 10 bucks an hour (e.g. 2 beers), then you aren't charged for anything but what you ordered. At least that's how it used to be.

10 dollars an hour to have complete strangers sharing a table with me?

That sounds ridiculous.

Looks like I need to make other plans.

I just sat in the ESPN Zone in Vegas for 5 hours this past weekend to watch the Skins Eagles. The $10 minimum only applied to restaurant tables. They had a bar upstairs and downstairs that had no minimums. We got a small table in the upstairs bar right in front on a TV, had an appetizer, 2 entrees, and we drank 4- 32 oz beers...total bill was about $55....decent place to watch the game....bonus was a handful of Skins fans in attendance. I left early 4th qtr and walked down to Ceasars and watched the ending.....

It's expensive, there are too many fans of other teams, and the service is HORRID.

There are definitely some amenities, however. You have your own TV and sound system at your table, in addition to the TVs mounted everywhere, so you can watch/listen to whatever you want. They have a massive (as in almost movie-screen size) HD setup, on which I watched the amazing Packers-Colts matchup last year. I was in heaven.

But it's not 'the place to be' for a game, which is what they're shooting for. Almost any bar that isn't devoted to fans of another team (coughRhinoscough) is equally fun and infinitely cheaper.

Archived