Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Time

Carlito Sway

Lets keep this as short and sweet as possible.

Posters keep talking about Norvitis. I'd define it as 'waiting for the other shoe to drop'. I've had it all season. By nature, I'm an optimist. Ask the boys at the Falls in NYC. Yet I kept waiting for the big injury, the inexplicable bad loss, the 'here we go again' moment. And that's no diss to Gibbs. It's Norvitis.

The worst thing about being a Skins fan is that you've seen the light. You've been to the mountaintop. You've gone through a season the hard way - run the ball, play tough defense and minimize mistakes - and seen the results. Since Joe moved on long long ago, we've seen champs come and go - most lucky to catch lighting in a bottle, and have had to endure the bravado and jeers of clueless fans happy to be on a bandwagon. And we've known they were paper tigers.

Yet here we are: the playoffs. And that's all you hope for: a new season, a tourney, a shot. All the Sundays, all the ESPN tidbits and Extremeskins threads and injury reports and silent prayers in the fourth quarter. Just to get to this threshold. We're here.

So Its Time.

Time to stop asking who we should take in the draft next year. Don't matter. Time to stop ragging on Walt Harris. He's one of our boys. Time to stop worrying about the Eagles, the Cowboys, Marty, Spurrier, whomever. Their seasons are over. Time to stop hedging our bets and checking our emotions. It's time to start walking it like we talk it. Keeping the winter jacket unbuttoned to let the B&G show on gameday, no matter how cold it is. Time to stand up proud and know that Joe Jackson Gibbs has our back. Time to say 'F it' and bet the farm on the game, strut like a pea****, tailgate in your backyard if you can't get to Tampa. We've been waiting a long time. The boys need our mojo. Let's give it to them until we win the trophy and bring it back to DC.

Hail!

:helmet:

Good post but I wish ya luck brotha. After kikicking tampa's azz this Saturday that will make Coach Gibbs worth 3 number 1 draft pics lmao. Clinton will go for a another 1st round and Moss, hail yea we get 5 drafts for him.

Any other Redskin wanna step up so they can trade you too? Like I said, I wish ya luck brotha but some fans just cant sit back and enjoy what we have going on now!!!!

Great Post. I've been guilty of looking as far ahead as the 2007 draft for our starting WR opposite Moss. I've also been guilty of questioning Mark Brunell. Until the end of the season, all of that will stop. This is only the second time that I've seen my Redskins make the playoffs and I can barely remember the last playoff run (1999). I'm going to enjoy this as much as anyone else.

I'm BELEIVE in having a swagger. I think it is a great idea to change the attitude around here and in the Skins' locker room. For this reason, when we were up 35-0 on Dallas, I wanted to pour on more points AND LET THE COWBOYS KNOW THAT WE WERE RUNNING UP THE SCORE! This would have sent the message that "we don't care what anyone, including the Cowboys, think about us. We're not afraid of anyone. We don't care about the bulletin board material that we're giving you for our next matchup because we OWN you and we plan to own you for a while."

Archived