Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EXTREME PLAYOFF PRIMER: Redskins at Bucs (UPDATED 1/5/06)

Tarhog

EXTREME PLAYOFF PRIMER: REDSKINS at BUCS - 1/7/06

Here you can access handy information about this Saturday's Wildcard clash against the Bucs:

Click HERE to view comments by Buc's Head Coach Jon Gruden and Simeon Rice

Click HERE to view comments by Coach Joe Gibbs

Click HERE to view comments by Coach Gregg Williams

Click HERE to view comments by Safety Sean Taylor

Click HERE to view comments by Running Back Clinton Portis

Click HERE to view comments by Redskins Jon Jansen, Mark Brunell, Mike Sellers, Renaldo Wynn, & Marcus Washington

Click HERE to view the latest Game Injury report (as of 1/5/06)

Click HERE to view 2005 Redskins Roster by Position.

Click HERE to view 2005 Redskins Numerical Roster.

(courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

This From ESPN.com

:wave:

Most people believe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defense is back to its old form. Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin's group finished the regular season ranked No. 1 in overall defense and No. 6 in rushing defense, but a closer look shows that this unit has some significant issues.

The Buccaneers are allowing only 95 rushing yards per game, but there was a clear shift in their defensive performance after their Week 7 bye. In the six games preceding the bye, Tampa allowed only 62 rushing yards per game. A big part of this had to do with the competition, as Tampa didn't face a 2005 playoff team in those first six weeks. Over the course of the next 10 weeks, the Bucs allowed 113 rushing yards per game, a figure that would have ranked 18th in the league.

It isn't just the overall yardage in these last 10 games that is disturbing. The Buccaneers allowed more than 140 yards in four of the games :cheers: , and two of the sub 100-yard rushing games during this stretch came against the exhausted and injury-depleted New Orleans Saints. :laugh:

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I'm not a gambler, but this looks like a money game to me...

Mark, I haven't made a bet all year. I put $50 at +135 for the Skins to win.

Gibbs vs. Gruden square off in a rematch of one of the best games of the year (Bucs won 36-35 in November on a gutsy last-second two-point conversion). This could wind up being the closest game of the weekend' date=' but I don't think it will be nearly as high scoring as the first game. The Redskins are the hottest team in the NFC outside of Seattle (having won their final five to make the playoffs), and Clinton Portis has finally shown that he deserved to be traded for Champ Bailey a couple of years ago.

A low-scoring affair certainly favors Tampa Bay at home, but do I think Chris Simms has a playoff victory in him just yet? Not yet, Blondie. I think Portis and Santana Moss will make bigger plays than Cadillac Williams and Joey Galloway for Tampa, and the Redskins will move on to challenge Seattle. [b']Skins win, 17-13[/b].

Archived