Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brad Childress being interviewed?

Mania

Did anyone hear that Brad Childress is being interviewed by one of the coachless teams in the NFL. It would be nice for the Eagles to lose Childress. I'm not sure if I heard this correctly this afternoon on 980, but it sure sounded like it.

That rumor has been reported on the NFL Network too. I don't think losing Childress greatly affects Philly's offence. That offense is not unique. It is a Holmgren clone so there are anywhere from 6-10 other assistants under Holmgren capable of replicating Childress' efforts.

Childress flew in to Minneapolis either late last night por early this morning to interview with the Vikings. They are also interviewing their Defensive Coordinator, Ted Cottrell.

(Where was Ted from? Wasa he from Philly, too? Or the Jets? I don't remember?

Childress flew in to Minneapolis either late last night por early this morning to interview with the Vikings. They are also interviewing their Defensive Coordinator, Ted Cottrell.

(Where was Ted from? Wasa he from Philly, too? Or the Jets? I don't remember?

Ted Cottrell was the defensive coordinator of the Houston Oilers when Schottenheimer interviewed him. I believe he ended up going to the Jets and is now the DC with the Vikings. Of course that could end depending on what the Vikings do with the current opening at head coach.

Funny that Smoot went to the Vikings to win and for stability now isn't it?

I'd like to see Childress move on and get a shot. He's a great man. But, even morso, I'd like to nab a Sherman or Mariucci to be the new OC.

I think Childress will no doubt get a HC gig this year with so many openings.

- I said a few weeks ago when Mooch got fired that he may end up as OC in Philly, but I could also see Marty Morningwieg getting bumped up.

Plus, if Ron Rivera gets a a HC job, he might snag an Eagles offensive assistant to be his OC because of his ties to them.

Archived