Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photoshop/Imageready/Rollover help

codeorama

I'm creating a pretty simple rollover for a website.

I'm using PS and Imageready, when I preview it, it works great, no problems at all. But when I save it, it doesn't work.

I use the "Save as Optimized" setting for HTML and Images, but when I take that HTML page and put it into the website, I just get a blank screen with the red "X"'s showing images are missing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

I'm creating a pretty simple rollover for a website.

I'm using PS and Imageready, when I preview it, it works great, no problems at all. But when I save it, it doesn't work.

I use the "Save as Optimized" setting for HTML and Images, but when I take that HTML page and put it into the website, I just get a blank screen with the red "X"'s showing images are missing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Are you sending the images to the website or just the html page? You need to send both.

It's possible that the HTML file needs to be in the same folder as your images. If you place the HTML file in one folder on the server, and your images in another, then you've broken the path, and your html doesn't know where to "go".

I hope that helps. Let me know.

Ah, yes, I noticed when I saved it, there appeared a folder called "images" and then there was an HTML page separate.

Let me try that.

Thanks

Ok, last question, I'm using Adobe GoLive to create the website. It's alot like most other programs that are similar.

I have the folder that contains the images in the site directory and I have the HTML page there as well.

The way you link other images is that you place an "image box" on the HTML page and then link it to the image.

How do I do that for the multiple images contained in the rollover?

For example, when I save the rollover, a folder is created and it has about 8-9 images within it. These images are basically pieces of the complete image.

Thank you, I appreciate all the help.

Archived