Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some feedback re: my wife's puppy.

I would also recommend "Nutro" for dog food, it's cheaper then science diet and it has all the nutrients that a dog need to have a shiny coat and keep them regular. We used to feed my black lab purina one and he would have soft stool and throw up sometimes. After the switch his BM's would be a lot better and his dry skins cleared up. Just a little food for thought (don't mind the pun) and switch the food slowly over a period of time.

It will take the antibotics about 3 or 4 days to you see no blood. Did you get a parasite test? Sometimes they might find parasites (ie: worms and such) in their stool which might also cause it to be bloody. Hope the little one is ok.

75004;

If you have any questions just PM me.

Thank you.

You might caution the kids against treating the puppy like a football, too. That couldn't have helped.

Yes in deed. I learned about it as we questioned the kids if anyone had done or given anything to her. They almost got a good :whippin:

I would also recommend "Nutro" for dog food. Did you get a parasite test? Sometimes they might find parasites (ie: worms and such) in their stool which might also cause it to be bloody. .

Nutro, I will look into it, she sure does not like that Science food.

They did check for parasites and it was cleared.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback. The puppy was checked and treated by a vet, I took some stool samples and they determine that she had bacteria which was causing her to have soft stools with blood on it. She has been place on a AMOXI-TABS (antibiotic) for a week which she will be taking twice a a day.

Besides having this bad bacteria which my wife knows what it is, the vet stated that this bacteria could have increased due to the stress of traveling. The puppy is only 5 pounds and appearently the kids were picking her up and throwing her up in the air as she landed on the bed or couch. With the trip and the Airplane ride and the car ride home and everything else that was going on during the holidays.

She seems to be doing better now, she watched the game on top of her Redskins blanket yesterday, thanks again for all of your feedbacks. :logo:

Absolutely great to hear.

Hope things get back to normal very soon.

Archived