Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone remember Redskins Sidelines w/Glenn Brenner???

diego1115

don't remember the show, but I remember Glenn broadcasting on Channel 9, wearing big winter hats in the studio before the Skins would play at Chicago.

I remember Countdown to Kickoff with Sam and Sonny in a small local studio in DC during the mid 80s. I remember their predictions: "well, I think the Redskins will kick ass again today."

I was actually on that show and won a trivia question. They gave me a book called Hail, all about the Redskins past. What a great show that was, and Glen was second to none. It was right before we won our last SuperBowl in 91, that he passed. Not many like him left

I grew up watching Redskins Sidelines and was fortunate enough to attend some of the tapings and get Glenn Brenner's autograph. GREAT show! Used to always look forward to it on Monday night's, even after defeats.

One memory: we had lost badly to the Steelers one Sunday and, after he'd gone through the highlights, Brenner added a clip from "Every Which Way But Loose" where Clint Eastwood fake shoots Clyde the orangutan. Brought the entire studio audience down! :laugh:

Loved Redskins Sidelines.. my brother did work for the security guard and we went to almost every taping for years... my mom crocheted a baby Redskins Afghan for Glenn's first baby (I have a pic of his baby with the afghan)... we had a blast... it got to the point where Glenn would recognize my brother and I and rib us every week about always being there and not having a life.

A life, we'd say? The Redskins are our life.

He'd laugh.

Got some great autographs from that show... and some great memories. Glenn said hi to my mom when she was recovering from cardiac surgery on the air. Ordered her to get better and get home.

::sigh:: May he rest in peace.

I remember one show before a 'Skins/Eagles game when Glenn asked a dude in a Randall Cunningham jersey to stand up. Glenn asked the guy, "So, you're gettin' ready to come to the show, you put that jersey on, look in the mirror and said 'Yep, this'll work." Classic! :laugh:

Archived