Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is Your Favorite Redskins Linebacker?

melonhead1959

Wilburrrrr

Guaranteed to punch someone in the mouth every game. I remember, during that last SB season, some games the D would be a little sluggish and WM would lay that hit (sometimes catching a penalty) and get the party started.

I also love Monte, our heart and soul. Sooooo unselfish.

Hanburger, Arrington & Harvey are my favorites. After that it is a drop off into groups. I'd probably go with the Coleman/Olkewics/Kaufman/ Gouveia group before Huff & Marshal group. Marcus Washington is one of my current favorite Redskins players but he hasn't put in the time here to be an All-Time Favorite.

TOP TIER

#1-Chris Hanburger: pure Redskins, hard to beat 14 years & 9 probowls.

#2-Lavar Arrington: pure Redskins 6 years, 3 probowls.

#3-Ken Harvey - half Redskins 5 years, 4 probowls.

#5-Huff: one-third Redskin 5 years, 5 probowls, 1 as a Redskin.

#5-Marshal: one-third Redskins 5 years, 3 probowls, 1 as a Redskins.

MIDDLE TIER

#4-Monte Coleman: pure Redskin, 16 years.

#4-Neal Olkewics: pure Redskins, 11 years.

#4-Mel Kaufman: pure Redskins, 8 years.

#4-Kurt Gouveia: two-thirds Redskin, 9 years.

Bottom Tier

Marcus Washington: one-third Redskin 2 years, 1 probowl (shouldn't there be a minimum # of years)

Jack Pardee: 1 year Redskin LB. (shouldn't there be a minimum # of years) did I hear somebody bring him up?

As far as favorites go, I put a premium on those who put in the most time HERE, the best time HERE & admittedly partial to those whose careers I was able to follow (but following a career allows me to be more critical as well vs judging people by highlight reels & stats).

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

The fact that Lavar is leading this poll is a sad indicator of posters' ignorance of our Redskins past. Arrington couldn't hold Wilbur's jock. Marshall's '91 season was the best of any Skins LB, but I had to give it to Hanberger for being at the top of the league year after year.

Hardly surprising really, Marshal made his name as an '85 Bear (2 probowls). Great LB but spent less than half his career as a Redskin (5 years & 1 probowl). He's not one of my top five favorite Redskin LBs and *cough* I know my Redskins past. :doh1:

Wilbur to me is a Bear....his best years was in Chicago.

Huff is a Giant.....his best years

Harvey is a Cardinal....his best years

Millen is a 9er....his good years

Monte Coleman played his career as a Redskin 16 seasons....did the dirty work without all of the recognition named one of 70 greatest Redskins....he gets my vote....

:applause: Yeah that is pretty much the way I look at it. But Harvey probowled 4 times for the Redskins & none for the Cardinals. So he actually put in his best years with the Redskins. He also put in more years here than with the cardinals. But I hear ya, I liked him a lot but still think of him as a half-er, too.

For that reason Huff, Marshal & Millen do very little for me as far as All-Time Favorites go.

Voted Monte with LA a close second.

Washington has been here for what, two seasons. Not enough time to make this list. Same for Ken Harvey in my opinion, he wasn't a Redskin, he was a Card. While I don't associate Washington with the Colts, I don't think he's been here long enough to make this list.

Archived