Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BIG MEASURING STICK THIS WEEK FOR JOE GIBBS "PROGRESS"

dmauro1

With the secondary banged up as it is and Dallas being hungry for the playoffs, I do not think it would be fair to rely on the D to completely shut down the Dallas O. That's not an excuse to get torched but the O should really try to do something diff. this week w/so much on the line.

I'm trying to believe in Joe Gibbs(well actually I gave up, but I will never stop loving the Skins, so..)and I wonder what he's going to bring. He saw how ineffective his O gameplan was in the first 3 1/2 quarters of the last matchup and we only scored when we bailed out of the playbook. His O gameplan is really disgustingly starting to look like its going back to that kind of mode, so I wonder if he will make the adjustments(like stretch the field early)to get us the W.

Actually with this thread and the Portis is unhapppy and requesting a trade thread.......the timing is suspisious at best about your love for the Redskins.......I 'll say it.....I think your posing and doing a little trolling.

Enjoy.

Nope, as soon as JG leaves I will feel positive again

Nope, as soon as JG leaves I will feel positive again

Feel positive for what? Gibbs has this team playing at a higher level than we have seen since his departure the first time, and they are only going to get better with a little more time and hopefully a few key additions next year.

I too sometimes grow frustrated with the play-calling, but the fact of the matter is this team is extremely competitive right now, and seems to be getting better. We need one key physical piece to complete this puzzle. We need another reliable option at receiver. The defense is competitive. The offense shows flashes but has been generally rather predictable. We need Art Monk. That is the missing piece. The guy to fill that role. Once we have that piece, we will be back. That piece would allow Gibbs to open up the playbook and feel somewhat confident that we can still get the first if we don't get that big pass play. That is what's missing.

NO, I measure Gibbs not for this game but for what he has done in the past two seasons. We saw great acquistions from Gibbs first season to the second. Look at the offense, much progression from the his first to second. One can't look for this man to make huge strides from first to second season, as he has had made tremendous success. We might overlook it, but he has the guys believing in his system and in the coaching staff, they maybe more important right now than winning out. Gibbs is a hard worker and is a perfectionist, this is why he will continue to have success.

tom landry, and don shula, also had a few superbowls, to their credit but they became predictable, and didnt change with the times, and were put out to pasture. i wouldnt put this tag on gibbs yet, but after next year, he again must become the genius or return to nascar.

I bet you weight watchers would pay Parcells a whole rack of money to endorse their product. Ya think?

tom landry, and don shula, also had a few superbowls, to their credit but they became predictable, and didnt change with the times, and were put out to pasture. i wouldnt put this tag on gibbs yet, but after next year, he again must become the genius or return to nascar.

Predictable? so what. you may be able to predict that JG is going to run the ball 50% of the time and pass the other 50%. Most teams are going to be unsuccessful in stopping the run against the skins whether they can predict it or not. Most teams, at this point, are going to have success defending against our pass game wheather they know its coming or not. Its a matter of execution. Our running game is starting to show some attitude....The kind of attitude that you know we are going to run but you cant stop us....The passing game will catch up its just a matter of time....JG will return to nascar .....After he gets another trophy

NO, I measure Gibbs not for this game but for what he has done in the past two seasons. We saw great acquistions from Gibbs first season to the second. Look at the offense, much progression from the his first to second. One can't look for this man to make huge strides from first to second season, as he has had made tremendous success. We might overlook it, but he has the guys believing in his system and in the coaching staff, they maybe more important right now than winning out. Gibbs is a hard worker and is a perfectionist, this is why he will continue to have success.

Couldnt of said it better myself :applause:

i totaly agree what the hell is with you people, being all impatient. If you remember our owner Dan Snyder was impatient when he took over the team. How much time did he waste on hiring and firing guys. I say if JG dosen't do anything after next season, then we cut our losses and spend alot on Tony Dungy... JK I think Gibbs will prevale if not this year then next... and if not then, Well sorry Joe

i totaly agree what the hell is with you people, being all impatient. If you remember our owner Dan Snyder was impatient when he took over the team. How much time did he waste on hiring and firing guys. I say if JG dosen't do anything after next season, then we cut our losses and spend alot on Tony Dungy... JK I think Gibbs will prevale if not this year then next... and if not then, Well sorry Joe

Joe has already prevailed. He's built us a team of character guys who play thier butts off. He's giving them the tools, but he's not the one who has to execute on the field. If you guys don't see the improvement than you're missing it. This is my favorite Redskins team since Joe left.

That said, there are still a few key peices that are missing. But we're close, very close. Over the next couple years this team is going to get better and better. It's going to be fun to watch.

Right now is a great time to be a Skin's fan. :2cents:

Archived